are your weekly announcements:
John Wooden - A Lifetime of
- A Parent Talks to a Child
Before the First Game
- This is your first game, my child. I
hope you win. I Hope you win for your safe, not mine. Because
winning's nice. It's a good feeling. Like the whole world is
- But, it passes, this feeling. And
what lasts is what you've learned.
- And what you learn about is life.
That's what sports is all about. Life.
- Wanting to win is the point. Not
giving up is the point. Never being satisfied with what you've done
is the point. Never letting up is the point. Never letting anyone
down is the point.
- Play to win. Sure. But lose like a
champion. Because it's not winning that counts. What counts is
Coach Bekah's Weekly
- Here's this week's Nutrition
- WHOLE GRAINS should be
chosen for these
- People who eat whole grains as a
part of a healthy diet have a reduced risk of some chronic
- Any food made from: wheat, rice,
oats, cornmeal, barley, or another cereal grain are grain
- Bread, pasta, oatmeal, breakfast
cereals, tortillas, grits, brown rice should all be WHOLE
Coach Perry's Adult Beginner Swim
- For our adults in our learn-to-swim
program, you can learn even more by watching some swimming videos.
Coach Perry will be recommending one or two each week. Below is
this week's video:
Training Tips for Top Performance in
Practice and Race Day
Good and Fun
- Corey Hunzeker (14), Remington Long
(10), Pyper Lund (6), Oluranmiwa Adewale (8), Lydia Dill (10),
Mollie Green (10), Anika Mishra (7), Lauren Gaona (12), Tyson Syslo
(13), Elizabeth Dickrell (48), Chloe Nicholes (12)
great week everyone!
Andrew and The Sigma Coaches