December 18, 2017
Team update 12/18/17
Congratulations Wahoos! Today USA Swimming announced the results of the 2018 Club Excellence Competition. For the 3rd year in a row the Wilton Wahoos Swim Team received Silver Medal Club status
- Varsity Sat. 12/23 8:30-10:30 combined
Holiday Practice Schedule is posted
Drop off and Pick up at practice:
Please DO NOT park in front of the Y as you pick up and/or drop off your swimmers. It is designated a non-parking area as it is marked accordingly. This causes a dangerous situation for swimmers and others walking in the lots. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated!
Reminder: 11 and unders need to accompanied into/and out the building per YMCA policy. They should NOT be dropped off!
- WHAT Swimming Invitational Feb 9-11 Closes 12/22
- 9-12 Y States closes 12/22
- 8-12 Y States closes 1/12
Work Sign ups Please make sure to sign up promptly!
- Tuesday Dec. 26 at 9 pm for Y States
- Tuesday Jan. 2 at 9 pm for the WYW Winter Invitational
- Remember to register for 2018 and submit your registration and background check expense to the office right away
Need a last minute gift idea? Check out what the Wahoos has to offer.
Team store orders
- Are in, please contact email@example.com
- If you did not pick up today, they will be in the Wahoo office.make sure to pick them up this week. Jo Ann is in the office Monday till 6PM and Wednesday evenings till 7:30 . There will be very limited office hours Christmas Training week, so please get ASAP!
Remember, orders may be placed with Metro Swim Shop at any time!
· If you choose to participate in the Team Development program and there is no Team Development activity by January 31, 2018, you will be billed for the Team Development obligation on February 1.
- Village Market now has a tally sheet to use for your receipts. It is located on the fundraising page on the website and in the lobby in the fundraising mailbox
Are you losing sleep at night trying
to figure out the recruitment process for your student athlete?
Join us for a workshop style presentation
Swimming in College
Demystifying the College Recruitment Process
With both a Coach and Parent Perspective
January 20, 2018
- Can my son or daughter swim in college?
- Will they be “recruited” and how does that happen?
- How do I navigate the nuts and bolts of this process?
- What is the role of parents, coaches and the high school?
- What is the difference between Division I,II,III ? Athletics and scholarship availability?
- What is the timeline we should follow to be successful?
Who: Recommended for parents and swimmers of High School juniors (sophomores are invited although early for them) on National Squad, And all Senior swimmers interested in Swimming in college
Date: Saturday, January 20, 2018
Location: To be announced
RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org by January 10th - Required
Led by: Randy Erlenbach, Director of Competitive Aquatics
Hilary Berger, Parent of Recruited Student Athlete and
Professional Career and Educational Counselor
For swimmers of all abilities who want to swim in college