December 19, 2017
25th Annual MJB Law Invitational Swim Meet
Dec 15 – 17, 2017
The Kamloops Classic Swim Club had an outstanding weekend winning their 25th Annual MJB Law Invitational Swim Meet, Dec 15 – 17, 2017. The club hosted 400 swimmers from 17 clubs throughout BC and Alberta. The Classic’s won the meet while winning a total of 71 Medals (18 Gold , 25 Silver and 28 Bronze Medals).
The following swimmers put in outstanding performances over the weekend and added to the KCS Gold Medal count: Keana Smart in the 13 & 14 Girls Age Group won a total of 4 Gold Medals in the 50, 100 and 100 Backstrokes and 200 Freestyle. Michael Dagasso in the 13 & 14 Boys Age Group won 3 Gold Medals in the 50, 100 & 200 Fly’s, while setting a new club record in the 100 Fly. Ryley McRae in the 15 & Over Boys won 3 Gold Medals in the 200 Fly, 400 Free and 1500 Freestyle. Sarah Koopmans in the 15 & Over Girls won two gold medals in the 50m & 100m Fly. Parker Cameron won the 400m Freestyle in the 11-12 Boys. The Classic’s also won 5 gold medals in relays over the weekend.
The following swimmers broke KCS Club Records over the course of the weekend:
- Haley Rowden (14) broke the 13-14 Girls club record in the 200m Breaststroke with a new time of 2:43.38.
- Keana Smart (14) broke the 13-14 Girls club record in the 50m Backstroke with a new time of 29.33.
- Michael Dagasso (14) broke the 13-14 Boys club record in the 100m Butterfly with a new time of 58.66.
- Sarah Koopmans (15) broke the 15 & Over Girls club record in the 50m Butterfly with a new time of 28.06
Other highlights included: Jacob Blair (10) went under the 4:00 200m IM standard for the first time which allows him to compete in the next level of competition. Tomas Heer scored 90 points for the Kamloops team and accumulated a whopping 191.16 seconds of time improvement in his 9 individual swims. Jack Cameron (13), Michael Dagasso (14), Raine DIxon (17), Julian Cinel (8), Caillen Gillespie (11), Jake Gysel (13), Tristin Kicia (17), Trevor Laupland (15), Bailin Li (13), Max Prelypchan (11), Graham Proctor (10), Finn Vukusic (11), Aria Chase (10), Keira-Lynn Connolly (12), Kailyn Fleury (12), Shale Maurice (8), Kate Mccullagh (12), Alana Murray (11), Avani Sharma (13), Paige Stoudt (8), Hailey Thompson (13), Mandisa Volo (11) and Cate Wharton (14) all had 100% personal bests in their swims.
The following five swimmers are new qualifiers for the Provincial Tier 1 or 2 Swimming Championships in March:
- Claire Bagabuyo (10) in the 200m IM
- Cate Wharton (14) in the 50,100 & 400 Freestyle events.
- Jake Gysel (13) in the 100m Breaststroke
- Max Angove (13) in the 200m Backstroke
- Trevor Laupland (15) in the 400 Free, 200 Back, 100 & 200 Breaststrokes and 200 and 400 IM’s.