January 2, 2018
New Head Coach Kenneth Ke & Coaching Opportunities!
Happy New Year!
We hope this note finds you dreaming of a nice warm summer and an exciting Stonebridge Sharks Swim Team season!
Please join us in welcoming our new Stonebridge Sharks Head Coach, Kenneth Ke ! We are very pleased to have Kenny leading the Sharks for the 2018 summer season!
T o support Kenny, we are looking for swimmer candidates who may be interested in a coaching position this summer. Open positions include:
· Assistant Head Coach
· Assistant Coach
· Pre-Team Coach
If you are interested in being a Stonebridge Shark Coach, please send a letter of interest, along with a short resume to Guihua Tian (email@example.com) no later than 2/28/18. You can also send an email if you are unsure and have questions about any of the positions.
In addition, we are also looking for swimmers who may be interested in being a Coach in Training (CIT), Pre-Team Lane Leader or Pre-Team Helper.
Coach-In-Training Responsibilities & Qualifications
Coaches-in-Training will be expected to:
· Work as a unified team with the Head Coach, the Assistant Head Coach, the Assistant Coaches and the Pre-Team Coach
· Take direction from Head Coach regarding work duties at designated practices
· Assist coaches at A & B meets when not swimming during the meets
· Be available for spirit events during the course of the season
Qualified coaches-in-training should:
· Currently be in high school
· Love and have a talent for working with children and teenagers (prior experience a plus)
· Demonstrate passion for swimming
· Demonstrate strong leadership abilities
· Be focused
This position has the potential for a performance-based bonus at the end of the season. However, the primary compensation will come in the form of SSL hours.
Pre-Team Lane Leader and Helper Responsibilities and Qualifications
Pre-team lane leaders and helpers will be expected to:
· Work as a unified team with the Pre-Team Coach
· Take direction from the Pre-team Coach regarding work duties at all designated practices and meets
· Be available for pre-team meet(s), spirit events, and banquet during the course of the season
Qualified pre-team lane leaders and helpers should:
· Currently be in middle or high school
· Love and have a talent for working with young children (prior experience a plus)
· Have a passion for swimming
· Have good stroke skills
· Be focused and responsible
Openings are limited. There is no composition for Pre-Team Lane Leader and Helper positions, but SSL hours can be earned.
If you are interested in being a Stonebridge Shark CIT, Pre-Team Lane Leader, or Pre-Team Helper, send your letter of interest, including your qualifications, to Kenneth Ke ( firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 2/28/18. You can also send an email if you are unsure and have questions about any of the positions.
Thanks everyone! See you soon!