March 15, 2018
The 2018 Western Zone Diversity and Inclusion Select Camp will be held June 14-17, 2018 at San Diego State University in beautiful San Diego, California!
Application Deadline: March 20, 2018
Submit applications to: Susan Huckeby (e-mail is preferred) or mail to Susan at 2001 Aberdeen St., Butte, MT 59701
Athlete Application: Word (updated 1-5-18)
Adult Coach or Summit Participant Application: Word (updated 1-5-18)
Athletes must be born between June 15, 2001 and June 14, 2004.
Western Zone Diversity Select Camp Eligibility: Any swimmer who represents an ethnically under-represented population that is less than 10% of the current USA Swimming membership is eligible for this camp. including African American, Native American, Hispanic/Latino, Asian, Pacific Islander, Native Alaskan, Native Hawaiian, Outreach (low income), LGBTQ, or diverse in another way.
- Montana Swimming will fund and may send up to two athletes, a coach, and the MT Swim Diversity and Inclusion Chair to attend this camp/summit. In addition up to four athlete alternates may be selected. Alternates will be notified by the Western Zone Diversity and Inclusion Camp Committee if they have been chosen to attend the camp.
· Camp requirements are eligibility included in the applications.
· Adults may also apply to attend the Diversity Summit held in conjunction with the camp. Funding for summit participants is not guaranteed by Montana Swimming and summit participants may have to pay all or part of their expenses to attend the summit.
· Montana Swimming Diversity and Inclusion Chair Susan Huckeby will select the athletes, alternates, coach and summit participants to attend the camp based on the submitted applications and any other Montana Swimming diversity and inclusion program requirements.
· If any participant is selected and Montana Swimming pays the fees or other costs for that person to attend and that person does not attend the camp/summit, that person will be required to reimburse Montana Swimming for any fees paid.
· The applications are also available on the Diversity/Disability tab under the WZ Diversity Camp or on the Meets tab for the camp date.