January 10, 2018
Wahoo Age Grouper News
Wednesday, January 10, 2018
WYW Winter Invitational
This is annually our biggest home meet. This weekend we have visitors coming from four different states representing twelve different teams. This year a number of these teams are bringing their best 12&Under swimmers along with their typical traveling 13&Overs. It should make for some exciting swims! One of the things which attracts teams from so far away is that Saturday and Sunday night finals for this meet will be long course. For older swimmers this provides a needed early opportunity to begin preparing for the biggest summer meets such as US Junior Nationals. For our 12&Unders this is a chance to grab some qualifying times for our New Jersey Summer meet and/or Summer Age Groups.
Seating for the 12&Unders will be on deck for all sessions. Dress warm and wear your team colors! Pool assignments will be a bit different this weekend.
- 11-12 Girls- South Pool for all prelims events and Friday night.
- 10&Under Girls and Boys- North Pool for all swims.
- 11-12 Boys- North Pool for all prelims events and Friday events with the exceptions of the 500 Free and the two relays. These events will be in the South Pool.
Our tentative relay assignments have been updated in Team Unify as of this afternoon. Please review so that your swimmer knows not to leave before the Saturday or Sunday relays are completed.
Check In Times-
- Friday Midday Session- Check In 12:45pm. Warm Up 1:00pm.
- Saturday and Sunday Prelims Sessions- Check In 11:40AM, Warm Up Noon.
- Saturday and Sunday Finals Sessions- Check In 5:20PM. Warm Up approx. 5:30pm. The top twelve finishers + “scratch ins” come back for Finals. As is the case at each of our home prelims/finals meet, swimmers need to “Positive Check In” for Sundays results.
See you on deck!