January 11, 2018
Many members had Athlete Protection Training that expired 12/31/17 and after completing the renewal their member record was not being updated in SWIMS.
Why the member’s APT is not matching to their record. This is due to one or more of the following factors:
- With the new APT program, some members don’t realize that they selected the APT courses that are available for non-members. If this happens, it won’t match to the member’s record because the system doesn’t know that it is a member who took the course. You will need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will get resolved.
- The member doesn’t realize that two out of the three courses must be completed, so when they think they have completed it, it will not show as completed, and they will need to be instructed to log back in and finish.
- Member doesn’t receive the automatic notice that they completed the APT course. This is happening when the member exits the system before the result is sent to SWIMS. Members should see "CONGRATULATIONS! You have completed Athlete Protection Training Certification it will expire 12/..." indicating the result was sent.
- If you don’t see "CONGRATULATIONS! You have completed Athlete Protection Training Certification it will expire 12/..", please log in again at www.usaswimming.org/apt and the wording above will appear, and it will automatically send the result to SWIMS. Once the result is sent to SWIMS, it will update in 3-4 hours.
- Members should be able to see on their DECK PASS the APT patch on the “Courses” page to know that their result was sent to SWIMS.
If you still have
problems, send an email to email@example.com (there are several
people who monitor that inbox).