Weekly Update January 23rd
January 23, 2018
BBST Weekly Update
January 23rd, 2018
Winter Challenge THIS Weekend!
- The Winter Challenge is right around the corner! We still have jobs that have not been filled and we need everyone’s help for the meet to run smoothly. Please remember that these meets are for the swimmers, we do this for them and if we don’t get all our volunteer positions filled, the swimmers are the ones who suffer.
- Job positions that need filled:
- Clerk of Course Assistant: All sessions – WILL TRAIN ON THE JOB, no experience necessary
- Meet Director Assistant: All sessions – WILL TRAIN ON THE JOB, no experience necessary
- Scoreboard Operator: All sessions – WILL TRAIN ON THE JOB, no experience necessary
- Timers: All sessions – WILL TRAIN ON THE JOB, no experience necessary
- Also, please consider donating food items to Hospitality and/or Concessions. These jobs are great ways to get hours at home!
- Warm up times for the Winter Challenge will be sent later in the week, so keep an eye out!
- There is a nasty virus going around and to keep it from spreading to our swimmers, please keep your child home if they have flu symptoms: fever, diarrhea, vomiting, chills, lightheadedness, fainting, or other flu-like symptoms.
- Swimmers should only return to practice 24 hours after symptoms disappear. Keep in mind that viruses and bacteria can still spread in the water and we don’t want a plague to blast through our pool.
- If your child has questions regarding expectations around sickness, please have them talk to their coach.
Lighthouse Mission Donation Challenge
- BBST swimmers have donated 566 pounds to the Lighthouse Mission so far! Woohoo! Donations will be accepted through the end of January, so keep ‘em coming!
- Group totals -
- Bronze: 109 pounds
- Silver: 192 pounds
- Rose-Gold: 77 pounds
- White-Gold: 40 pounds
- Platinum: 108 pounds
- Elite: 40 pounds
Swim Power Test Coming to BBST
- We have the exciting opportunity to have Genadijus Sokolavas come to Bellingham to offer the GST Swim Power Test to our swimmers the weekend of February 2nd – 4th.
- Genadijus has tested 55 Olympic Champions and 75 Medalists including Michael Phelps, Dara Torres, and Jason Lezak.
- Genadijus will be offering tests to any swimmer interested in learning more about how to improve the power in their stroke.
- For more information on the Swim Power Test, click here.