January 24, 2018
Miami Country Day Aquatics
I hope everyone had a great weekend and a good week so far. It seems that the weather is warming up a bit, but it will still feel pretty chilly for the swimmers after practice. So continue to make sure your swimmers are bundled up after they get out of the pool. One way to do that, would be to wear one of our brand new team hoodies. They are a great way to stay warm and support our team! We have a limited number left, in both youth and adult sizes. Get yours while they last! Just send us an email or just ask one of the coaches after practice.
You will begin to see an increase in traffic around the pool during the next couple of months. The Interscholastic Varsity Water Polo started this week and Interscholastic Middle School Water Polo starts next week. What does that mean for us? Well, the Varsity teams will practice at 6:30 pm, so they don’t affect us at all, but the Middle School Water Polo Team will practice every day from 4:30 pm-6:30 pm. The coaching staff has planned for this and realize that we will have to squeeze a bit, but this will also be a great opportunity for us to begin to work on some new things for each of our groups! One of the things we will do is to really work our dryland routine with the Sr. Development & Sr. Elite groups. This will provide more lane space for our other swim team groups while we have to share the pool. The biggest conflicts that we will have is when the water polo teams have home games. I have put the Varsity Water Polo home games on our MCDA Team Website Calendar. As soon as I have a Middle School schedule, I will do the same. I will also send you a list of all game conflicts that we will have, so keep an eye out for that.
A quick reminder, we are going to have our Parent Meeting this evening, Wednesday, January 24th here at the pool at 6:00 pm. Also for those families that are signed up for the Scotty Invite please look over the meet information to make sure you know when you are expected to arrive. I will send a timeline as soon as I receive it from the meet director.
REMINDERS / MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- Please check the website and CONFIRM / DECLINE your swimmers commitment to the upcoming meets that are listed in the Event section of the website.
- Entries for the next two meets; FGC Open and Gulliver’s Winter Invite need to be in ASAP. These meets fill up fast!
- AREA 3 CHAMPIONSHIPS is a very important swim meet that everyone should signup for!
- SAVE THE
- Wednesday, Jan 24th – Parent Meeting at 6:00 pm. Location TBD
- Friday-Sunday, January 26th-28th – Scotty Invite, to be held at the Saint Andrew’s School in Boca Raton.
- Saturday, February 3rd – FGC Open Invite, to be held at the North Dade Community College.
- Friday-Sunday, February 16th-18th – Winter Invite, to be held at the Gulliver Prep Academy.
- Saturday-Sunday, March 3rd-4th – Area 3 Championships, this is for all 14 & Unders without JO cuts
- Friday-Sunday, March 16th-18th – Junior Olympics, Qualifiers only
- Friday-Sunday, March 22nd-25th – Senior Championships, Qualifiers only
- Thursday, April 5th – Swim Team Banquet, more info to follow