AB Update 1-30-18
January 30, 2018
- Upcoming Championship are just around the corner. Please claim your hotel room now as deadlines for rooms to be released are happening soon for Y Champs in Oxford and Mentor, Ohio for Zones. Hotel information can be found by logging into the team website and hovering over the Hotels tab. Please click on Upcoming hotels to see hotel information.
- YMCA National hotel will be sent to affected parents in the next few weeks.
- Congratulations to the Nagel Middle school on their 3rd place finish in the season ending Championships. A great accomplishment for the first-year team. Hats off to Coach Amy and her staff! Next year AB coaches would like to see those AB swimmers who participated in the Junior High program remain training with their respective AB group as these practices are what these swimmers need to continue to improve. There were too many AB swimmers that jumped over to train exclusively with the Junior High team. Coaches mentioned that these swimmers had actually lost fitness upon returning to their AB practice group. This will could affect results at Y “A’s” or AA Championships. I understand that the Junior High practice is earlier and shorter, but they are not designed for the year around swimmer. Any questions on this can be addressed to Coach Elizabeth, Mike or Ed.
- Congratulations to those swimmers who attended the annual Circle City Invitational at IUPUI. Many swimmers achieved best times even though not really rested and competed in the historic IUPUI Natatorium. A special “shout out” to Ethan Timko (Sr I) who achieved his YMCA National cut in the 100-yard butterfly, and to Justin Dostal for setting the 11-12 boys team record in the 100 fly, 200 fly, 200 IM, 1000 and 1650 freestyle.
- Coach Lisa has a new email address. Please use firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for any correspondence or questions.