January 31, 2018
Hey Team! Please read through this to make sure you have all the info you need for this weekend.
Entries are final
- Practice will run as normal on Friday. Please have your swimmers at practice this week. It is important!
- Athlete entries, relay teams, & the timeline for the weekend are linked (and are also on the website).
- Programs will be on sale at the meet if you would like to follow along.
- RELAYS: Your relay team is counting on you to be at the meet! Please make every effort to be at the meet.
Session Warm-Ups: Please be on
deck and ready to get in the water 10 minutes before
- Saturday Morning: 7:00am
- Saturday Afternoon: Immediately following morning session. Roughly 10:30am. It could be slightly earlier or later depending on how the morning session goes.
- Volunteering times have been updated. Volunteer positions and their times were sent out yesterday. If you have a RFSC shirt, please wear it so visiting teams know who we are and can ask for directions if needed. We do have our "vintage" gray shirts for sale in the pool office for $3.
- We will have concessions on sale at the meet. I have attached a sign up to donate items. It is not required at all, nor does it count for your volunteer requirement. This simply helps us maximize our fundraising efforts by not having to spend as much club money on the food.
- Sign up to purchase one thing or several. Quantities are in bulk Costco/Sam's Club style. Please plan to bring them to practice Friday night.
- Fees were added to your account and will be automatically charged to your payment on file Thursday morning. Please be sure a payment method is on file. You are responsible for these fees regardless of if your swimmer swims or not - so please do your best to not miss the meet or an event.
- Relays for our home meet are covered by the club.
TO COMPETING - A few notes &
- Warm-ups are important and all swimmers need to be there for it
- This meet is short and fairly quick, those new to competing should probably stay on the pool deck until they are done with their events so coaches can help them avoid missing an event.
- Remind your swimmer to pay attention. Once behind the blocks, they should check in with the lane timer and then they need to make sure they make it into the correct heat.
- Stay behind the timers until it is their heat and make sure to be quiet at the start of each race.
- We will do "fly over starts" which means you do not get out of the pool at the end of your race the next race begins. The swimmer dives over the previous swimmer. (Except for backstroke events)
- Between races, swimmers should cheer for their teammates at the shallow end of the pool!
- Once your swimmer is done with all of their events, they can let a coach know they are going with a parent and are free to leave.
As always, if you have questions, please feel free to stop in the office (I will not be there tonight) or email Coach Michael (HeadCoach@RiverFallsSwimClub.org) or myself (Admin@RiverFallsSwimClub.org).
Brenda K. Derks
River Falls Swim Club Admin