January 31, 2018
Wow! We had a busy Sunday with 30 swimmers at the Harbor Springs meet! It was fun and the kids did really well! That meet is such a great bonding time for our swimmers, coaches , and families. 32 of us head to the Grand Rapids Open this weekend.
We begin our CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON WITH THE NEXT MEET UP....
The Green District Meet will close on the 6th which is next .Tuesday. Please go to meet events page to see the info packet.
WHO CAN GO?
- This meet is for all swimmers who are 9 and older, who have not made a Jr. Olympic or State meet cut. What this basically says, if they swam a meet they are eligible.
- There is an eligibility report on the meet event description page that shows all swimmers who have a time and can go.
- This meet is MI Swimming’s entry-level Championship meet and is a great meet to attend.
- Swimmers can just attend one day if that works best for your family.
- There are no relays at this meet.
- If you have any questions please email me or reach out on the pool deck!
We have a slew of meets on the docket as posted on our meet schedule. These are a series and varying levels of meets that require qualfying times to attend, which are markers for improvement, or standards.
As your swimmer improves and is more aware of these times, they shift in mentaility to be cognizant of these performance standards or achievement based markers. (Jr. Olympics, USA state/Zone/sectionals/jr&sr Nationals & YMCA states/Zones/ymca Nationals). All these meets begin with DISTRICTS as their foundational Champioship meet.
I khow this may sound confusing. Please feel free to ask any of the coaches about your swimmer at any time.
Intrasquad meet March 9th-and beyond
Lastly, If you don't have a swimmer participating in the meets noted above we will be having an intrasquad meet on the 9th of March at WEST . (warmups at 4:45 meet starts at 6 ) We typically have the masters swimmers swim as well and its quite inspiring to see the mix!
and.... DID YOU KNOW ? it's not over after March? and that the Breakers swim year round except for August?!! April and May will be great months to keep your swimmer connected in the water!
thanks and have a great day-