February 1, 2018
Miami Country Day Aquatics
Hi Everyone! We had a great time at the Scotty Invite last weekend. Even in the cold, wind and rain our swimmers were able to knock out new Lifetime Bests, JO & Sr. Champ cuts and New Club Records. Congratulations to the following swimmers for setting new MCDA Records:
Sasha Blasky (8& Under) 50 Free – 39.62
Russell Meltzer (9-10) 100 Free – 1:20.20
Dylan Smiley (11-12) 100 Breast – 1:11.97 / 1650 Free – 20:45.46
Brianna Ray (11-12) 100 Fly – 1:13.05
Ben Wilson (15-16) 1650 Free – 20:05.52
This Saturday we are back at it! On February 3rd we are once again in full race mode and gunning for more LTB’s, and more JO/Sr. Champ cuts! A quick reminder, all those families that are headed out to the meet this weekend, the warmup is at 7:30am and the first event starts at 8:30am. We are also entering relays, which will be the last event of the day, so PLEASE do not leave without talking to one of the coaches. Don’t forget to wear your MCDA gear! I have been told by the pool director at the Miami Dade North Campus to expect a cooler pool temperatures. Their heater has been on the fritz over the past week and a half, but it is working again. I do expect a cooler pool than we a accustomed to, so PLEASE plan ahead and pack warm clothing for after your swimmers’ swims.
Below you will find some meets on the MARK YOUR CALENDAR and SAVE THE DATE section of this info. I have been trying to get the word out far enough in advance so that we can get as many people as possible to attend. Remember, the meets are where we get to see all the athletes’ hard work in practice and have a bit of fun! Talking about fun…. One of the best meets we go to every year is the Jon Olsen Gold Medal Invite, which is down in the Keys. This is a travel meet where many families plan to spend the weekend down there. If you are interested, we have reserved 10 hotel rooms at Smuggler’s Cove, under the Miami Country Day Swim Team block. If you call this week, the nightly rate will be $189. The longer you wait the rate will go up and we can not hold the rooms very long, so act FAST! This should be a great time!
With a few weekends & swim meets left before Championship Season there is still time to get your entries in for the Gulliver Winter Invite. PLEASE REMEMBER that this meet will be held in Pembroke Pines and NOT at the Gulliver School. If you are interested in attending you must confirm not later than February 4th!
REMINDERS / MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- Saturday, February 3rd, FGC Open – Warm ups at 7:30
- Entries for the Gulliver’s Winter Invite at SoFlo, need to be in submitted by Feb 4th!
- AREA 3 CHAMPIONSHIPS is a very important swim meet that everyone should sign up for!
- SAVE THE
- Friday-Sunday, February 16th-18th – Winter Invite, to be held at the SoFlo.
- Saturday-Sunday, March 3rd-4th – Area 3 Championships, this is for all 14 & Unders without JO cuts
- Friday-Sunday, March 16th-18th – Junior Olympics, Qualifiers only
- Friday-Sunday, March 22nd-25th – Senior Championships, Qualifiers only
- Thursday, April 5th – Swim Team Banquet, more info to follow
- Saturday, April 14th – FGC Sprint Invite, to be held at Miami Dade North Campus
- Friday-Sunday, April 27th-28th – Jon Olsen Gold Medal Invite, to be held at Flounder Park in Islamorada