February 5, 2018
Hello KING Families,
It’s Swim-A-Thon time! This is our ONLY fundraiser for the year and the funds we raise benefit the entire team. Funds are used to provide financial aid, mini-meets for the PG swimmers, team travel assistance, volunteer official training, assistance with community pool repairs, critical equipment purchases such as starter and timing systems, exercise gear, back to swim breakfast, team banquet, and much more.
We ask that each swimmer participate in the Swim-A-Thon. There are many ways to raise money for our swimmers. In addition to emailing and sending letters to potential donors, you can ask local businesses to support our team through either sponsorships or donations. You can also contribute and bid on Auction items!
- The event will be the afternoon of Monday, March 26th at KCAC
- Be on the lookout for communication from your Pool Rep regarding your pool’s kick-off.
- The Swim-A-Thon link on the KING webpage (www.kingaquaticclub.com) will go live on Monday, February 12th. At that time, you can set up your swimmer’s webpage and email potential donors a link to donate.
- Fundraising tracking will begin on February 19th and go through April 15th, with prizes for the top earner each of the first five weeks (2/19 - 3/25).
Things to Look Forward to this Year:
- *NEW* This year we will conduct an Online Auction (in addition to our Silent Auction) from 3/20 – 3/30. Items are being added daily to the auction website. (https://www.32auctions.com/KING2018).
- The Silent Auction will be held again at the Swim-A-Thon on 3/26. Auction items include themed baskets prepared by each pool, items donated by families, and more!
- This year both the Silent and Online Auctions will be open to family donated baskets/items. Your family can enter items into the auctions and the proceeds will be added to your swimmer’s total $$ raised. Deadline to submit the procurement form is March 2nd. Look for more information regarding both auctions later this week.
- Corporate and Business Sponsorships are available again. Each swimmer will receive a copy of the sponsorship letter and form in the Kick-Off packet. The letter and form are also available on our Swim-A-Thon webpage.
- Earn your personalized Swim-A-Thon t-shirt this year by raising at least $250!
- On the day of event (3/26), you can look forward to our silent auction, parade of swimmers, food, raffles, and fun with our coaches, teammates, and families!
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking forward to a successful 2018 Swim-A-Thon!
Corrine Chan, KING Boosters, Director of Fundraising