February 7, 2018
Dear KING Family,
As Corrine mentioned, we’re hosting two auctions for the 2018 Swim-A-Thon. There will be a silent auction the day of the Swim-A-Thon (3/26) at KCAC as in past years. There will also be an online auction running from 3/20 to 3/30.
The new online auction is off to a great start! Local companies have already donated items worth over $4,000. New items are being added daily: https://www.32auctions.com/KING2018
The KING coaches are stepping up as well, including:
· Coach Michael Brooks donating a stroke lesson
· Coach Sean Piper donating Coach of Evergreen for a Day (the winning bidder’s swimmer will coach that day), Coach the Coaches (give THEM a set to swim for 30 minutes), Rock Climbing Intro, private lesson, and helping organize KING Camp Day
· Coach Sydney Lu and Coach Rachael McKay helping organize KING Camp Day (tug of war, s’mores, water balloon fights, etc.), Yoga in the Park, Cookies and Game Night, PG North Coach for a Day, and Coach the Coaches
· The following coaches have each donated a 1 hour private lesson: Billy, Chelsea, Dana, David, James, Keith, and Tommy
Now we’re looking for your support to put the auctions over the top! Below are some donation ideas to get you going.
· One of a kind experiences like a Boeing factory tour, a specialty dish cooking class, a ride in your boat, or the use of your cabin/timeshare for a weekend
· Tickets to the Pacific Northwest Ballet, Sounders, Storm, Mariners, or Seahawks
· Host a family block party, wine-tasting, or BBQ
· Items you’ve collected which you won’t use but are too nice to donate to a charity retailer
Silent auction items/baskets Pamper Mom, Family Game Night, Spring Garden, Rainy Day Activities, Boys/Girls Slumber Party, Summer Glampout, Stock Your Bar, Healthy Eating, Popcorn Party, Gift Cards, etc.
As in years past, the amount your donated items raise will count toward both your swimmers’ and pool’s fundraising totals. Coach donations will count toward their pool totals as well!
We’re requesting donations by March 2nd to allow time to display and market the items. Please see the attached procurement form and reach out to either Kevin or Yvi. You can certainly bring silent auction items to KCAC for the Swim-a-Thon again this year. We just ask that you let us know by March 2nd so we can plan accordingly!
Thank you for your time and support of the 2018 Swim-a-Thon auctions. GO KING!
Kevin Estes, email@example.com
Yvi Pak, firstname.lastname@example.org