February 8, 2018
Wahoo Age Grouper News
Thursday, February 8, 2018
Practice Schedule Changes-
Friday- 4:15-5:30pm combo M/G for those not swimming WHAT Meet distance session. No Friday dryland.
Saturday- No 12&Under practices due to WHAT Meet.
Monday, Feb 19 (Presidents Day)- Maroon 4:15-5:30pm, Gold 5:30-7:15pm.
Location- Wesleyan University Pool (161 Cross Street, Middletown, CT).
Pro Tip- Traffic and parking always seem to be issues with meets at this pool. Please plan for some extra travel time. The easiest parking is near the tennis courts at corner of Vine and Knowles.
Seating- Swimmer seating is to be on bleachers. There is potential for overflow seating off deck so swimmers should bring some good shoes (sneakers to wear between races). No chairs are allowed in the facility.
- 10&Unders may wear their black Speedo aquablades or team suits.
- 11-12s should wear team suits for prelims and can wear their aquablades or lzr pro suits at finals and friday night.
- For reference, here is a link to the Wahoo Tech Suit Policy . Please do not purchase new suits for this meet. Tech suits tend to wear out quickly so it’s best to save the new one for the end of season championships and then reuse it a few times the following season.
- Even if planning to wear a tech suit for races, swimmers should bring team suit for warm up. There will be warm up/warm down lanes open throughout the meet.
Meet Timeline- please review as there are changes from original meet announcement.
Friday- 2 check in times based on anticipated meet
- 500 swimmers- Check In 3:45pm, Warm Up 4:00pm, Meet begins 5:00pm.
- Remaining Friday swimmers not in 500 Free- Check In 5:00pm. We will use the available warm up/warm down lanes. These swimmers might also be needed to count for those in the 500.
- Saturday 11-12s- Check In 10:40am, Warm Up 11:00am.
- Saturday 10&Unders- Check In 2:10pm, Warm Up 2:30pm.
- Sunday 11-12s- Check In 11:40am, Warm Up Noon.
- Sunday 10&Unders- Check In 2:40pm, Warm Up 3:00pm.
- Saturday and Sunday Finals for Top 20 11&Over finishers- Check In 5:45pm.
CTSwimming Regional Championships-
Sign Up closes TOMORROW. Immediately after the WHAT Invite the coaching staff will be completing our entry for this meet. As is the case with LSC (local swim committee) Championships and National level meets, we have to complete our official entry via a centralized database. Our official entry will be viewable here .
The deadline for this meet will be FIRM . The coaches will email out a request for parental review after the entry is completed. Please be sure to check that promptly. CTSwimming does not allow changes to this meet after a very brief corrections window (and corrections cost $$$). Events will not be copied over to the Team Website until well after the deadline to make sure everyone is reading the official entry.
Gold and Maroon Group swimmers with 6 or more Age Groups cuts will not attend this meet. All other Wahoo Age Groupers should plan to attend.
If your swimmer is turning 13 before this meet please still use the 12&Under sign up as it is the one meant for Gold and Maroon kids. This meet splits the sessions as 12&Under Girls with 13&Over boys and 12&Under boys with 13&Over girls. I’ll be on deck for all sessions so there won’t be much difference for those turning 13.
Location will be announced by CTSwimming the week of the meet.
CT Swimming Age Group Championships-
Quick reminder about this very important team championship meet… There are relays Friday, Saturday, Sunday of this meet. (For returners- Relays have been moved back to the prelims sessions this year). Should your swimmer qualify in any event they should plan to attend all three days unless given specific instructions otherwise by me.
Should you have any conflicts with attendance please let me know NOW. This meet entry will have to come together very quickly after Regionals and it requires a lot of individual contact regarding session attendance. Planning for this juggling act begins during the Regionals entry process. Notifying the coach about availability issues for Age Groups after Regionals is 100% unacceptable. Please be proactive.
See you on deck!