February 8, 2018
We are a little more than halfway through the year, and the rest of it goes by fairly quickly. Here is a quick run-down of what happens now until the end of the summer. Hopefully this will help you guys plan better and sooner so you can relax going into summer! It seems like a lot more is happening, but long course season lasts only three months, so it's important to plan well and stay involved!
- There are only two short course (25 yard) meets left! Both are for the WHOLE TEAM!!
- March 3rd in Rutherfordton and
- March 23-25 in Charlotte (BRSL Champs). Lets everyone try to get at least one day of the BRSL meet in!
SIGN UP FOR BOTH OF THESE NOW!!!
- After BRSL Champs we will take a little breather. I think this time is important, especially since we place so much emphasis on practice attendance the rest of the year.
- We'll take Monday 3/26 off,
- Tuesday 3/27 we'll have normal practices at Shelby to give out ribbons from the meet and do some teambuilding,
- Wednesday 3/28 we'll do a team cookout at Kings Mountain to celebrate the end of short course season,
- Thursday 3/29 we'll have normal practice at Shelby.
- SAC will take a "spring break" starting Friday 3/30 thru Saturday 4/7. There will be NO PRACTICE during this time. We'll resume regular practice on Monday, 4/9.
- Our long course (50 meter) meet schedule will start in May (we have no meets in April). Here is an outline of it (unofficially). I'll send out a schedule in PDF form as this is all finalized, but you'll see most of these on our website already:
- The first long course meet of the summer will be May 4-5 in Huntersville.
- I talked with Senior and Mako and they expressed some interest in swimming Open Water. So I'll put NCS OW Champs on the schedule for Senior/Mako June 1-2 in Pinehurst.
- SAC Invite at City Park June 9-10 - SHARKS HOSTED, WE NEED YOU!
- Senior and Mako also expressed some interest in team travel, which we can possibly do June 22-24. Details TBD, but will be for 13 & older swimmers on Senior & Mako with at least 75% attendance for the season.
- LC Qualifier at City Park July 6-8 - SHARKS HOSTED, WE NEED YOU!
- Age Group Champs July 12-15 in Greensboro (qualified 14 & under only).
- Senior Champs July 19-22 in Greensboro (qualified 15 & older only).
- Western Carolina Champs July 27-29.
- We will continue on our short course practice schedule (which resumes today!) until school gets out. Our summer practice schedule will start on Monday, June 11. I'll have a preliminary copy of that out as early as possible.
Write these dates down, and save this email! It will be posted to the website as "News" as well, so you can access it anytime. Please let me know if you have any questions about any of this!