February 11, 2018
Sharks started the long course season with fantastic achievements when two swimmers from Prince Albert Sharks Swim club achieved the Western Canadian championship qualifying times and qualified to the championship which will be held in Victoria, B.C in April 2018 and will competing with top swimmers from other western provinces which including Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British columbia.
Congratulations to all swimmers competing in last week’s BrainSport swim meet. twenty one swimmers from Prince Albert Sharks Swim club participated in the BranSport LC course championships from February 9 to February 11, 2018 in Saskatoon. There are fantastic results from the Sharks swimmers in the competition.
There are a huge number of personal best times achieved and two swimmers achieved the western qualifying times. This shows a massive development of the performance level of our top swimmers competing against other top swimmers from different Clubs and provinces.
Sophie Bilodeau Broke the club records in 50 Breast and 200 breast twice in the prelims and in the finals. Also Sophie has the fastest time in the 200 breast for 13 & 14 years old girls. Tristan Anderson woods-worth achieved the western qualifying time.
Highlights from the BrainSport LC swim meet:
- Sophie Bilodeau: fastest time in 200 Breast, second in 50 Breast, achieved the qualifying time in the 200 Breast, Broke the club record in 50 and 200 Breast and best personal times in all events.
- Tristan Anderson-Woodsworth: achieved western time in 50 Breast, came second in 50 Breast, third in 200 Breast. New personal best times in 50 Free and 100 Back.
- Liam Murphy: Best personal times in 50, 200 Free, 200 Breast and 100 Back.
- Mackalie Bates: Best personal times in 200 Free.
- Mackenzie Emery: 50 Breast, 200 Free, 100 Fly, 400 IM, 100 Back.
- Cassidy Lofstorm: Best personal times in 50 Breast,
- Camryn Cooling: 1st in 400 Free, 2nd in 200 Free and New personal best times in all events.
- Ava Helgason: 3rd in 200 IM, New personal best times in all events. achieved “A”time in all events.
- Luthar Wiberg: 2nd in 200 Breast,, 4th in 100 Brest , New personal best times in all events. “A” time in 50, 200 Free, 100 & 200 Breast and 400 Free.
- Dani Boisson: 5th in 200 Breast and New personal best times in all events.
- Abigail Anderson-woodsworth: New personal best times in all events.
- Natasha Coertze: New personal best times in all events.
- Ella Larrea: New personal best times in all events.
- Gabriella Letkeman: New personal best times in 200 Free, 200 Back, 200 IM,
- Mackenzie Naytowhow: 6th in 200 Free and New personal best times in all events.
- Lekshmi Nedumparambil: New personal best times in all events.
All of the swimmers have worked hard in training in this training season. The results they have achieved are down to their dedication and hard work."We are pleased with our swimmers results and performance. The club offer a variety of programs to meet the kid’s potentials and ambitions not only on the competitive level but also on the Noncompetitive level.
Way to go Sharks!