March 6, 2018
Gulf Champs 3
Gulf Champs III is for the top 13 and up swimmers and all the 15 and up swimmers. This was a great for Terrapins as they hit best times, and many made it back to finals with great performances. Many of these swimmers competed all month long at High School districts, regions, and state. It's been a long month of swimming and hitting best times after all that is a plus!
- Collin Elliott finished his Terrapin career in stellar fashion. He placed in the 200 fly, posted 5 best times, and anchored the 400 free relay in a blazing 50.4!! Awesome and inspiring
- Jimmy Gavin went bonkers with 100% best times placing in the 200 fly, breast, and 100 free. His 500 free time would break the Cy Ranch Record!
- Jonathan Ware was on a TEAR! He smashed all his best times and placed in the 200 back, 100 back 200 IM. He broke the 2:00 barrier in the 200 back. This combined with his High School performances has moved Jonathan to the next level.
- Aldercy Bui was simply tremendous during her championship run with 100% best time at HS and USA Swimming! She place in the 100 breast and 200 IM
- Thomas Davis has been injured for a big portion of the season, but he made his contribution placing in both the 100 and 200 fly, and hitting a best time in the 100 back!
- Edgar Fernandez hit 100% best times with incredible performances in the 1000 free, 200 free, and 100 back. Edgar is coming off a great high school season as well.
- Joel Guajardo had one of his best meets ever with 100% best times, and placed in every event. Joel came to the US thinking he was a sprinter but had his best success in the 400 IM, 200 IM and 200 breast. He is awesome in finals!
- Canyon Neundorfer went bananas speeding to 100% best times, and big time drops in the 400IM, 500 free, 200 fly and 200 back
- Hannah Zwerneman got to it with 4 best times - 50 free, 200 back, 100 back, and 100 fly. She also made Regions for her HS. She was busy and productive in the last 3 weeks - super!
- Emma Kinsey cruised to 3 best times and placed 3rd in the 100 fly speeding to a 1:01.3. She also dropped 8 seconds in the 500 free.
- Bekah Lindblade is known for her consistency and improvement. This meet was no different. She hit 4 best times 400 IM,500 free, 200 and 100 fly.
- Savannah Griffin - madam butterfly hit 5 best times and went crazy in the 200 fly with a 4 second drop!
- Breanna Nguyen hit 3 best times, and placed in the 200 IM, fly, back, 100 fly and back. Combined with her high school performances Breanna really made the grade!
- Camillia Samson gets faster every month. She sped to 6 best times dropping 4 sec in the 200 free, 7 in the 100 back and 8 in the 200 IM. She also hit best times in her HS district meet!
- Tyler Sparks placed in 3 events grabbing 6th in the 100 fly, and hit 5 best times on top! He was super quick in the 100 free and 100 fly.
- Colin Wegner hit 100% best times and dropped 12 seconds in the 200 breast, making finals and scoring big points for the team!