March 17, 2018
Breaking Records, Breaking Multiple Records on Day 3 of AGS
Whether it be breaking records from prelims to finals or multiple swimmers breaking records in the same event Illinois Swimming set multiple new marks on Day 3 of the ISI Age Group Championships.
- Griffin O’Leary (BSC) takes down the 13-14 Boys 100 Backstroke Meet & LSC Record with a first place finish (50.89) Old Record 51.03 sent in 2013. Andrew Lin (HEAT) also broke the existing record finishing second with a time of 50.97.
- Leah Hayes’s (TIDE) new meet record in 11-12 Girls 500 Freestyle 4:54.58 bests the old record of 4:59.43 set in 2013 Keeping on her record breaking streak Leah resets the 11-12 Girls 100 Freestyle LSC and Meet Record with at time of 51.22 in 100 free breaking her own record from prelims of 51.29.
- Carly Novelline (NASA) sets new 13-14 Girls 100 Freestyle Meet and LSC Record with a time of 50.14. (old LSC record 50.24 in 2017) Elizabeth Sowards (PAWW) ties the old meet record in a second place finish.
- Omar Fathallah(MMSC) sets a new 13-14 Boys 100 Freestyle Meet Record with a time 46.20 new meet record breaking his own meet record from prelims (46.51)
- Jaden Heinlein (PAC) sets new 11-12 200 Breaststroke Meet Record in a time of 2:21.90 (Old Record 2:23.38 set in 2017). Also breaking the meet record Jaeddan Gamilla (MAV) with a second place finish at 2:22.30.
Team Race in the combined competition:
- ACAD: 1904
- SCST: 1115
- MAV: 788
- WEST: 712.5
- BSC: 681.5