March 22, 2018
Team update 3/22/18
Congratulations to our 10 & under Boys for winning the Boys State title this past weekend! The squad of Hirsh Iyer, Lucas Fontana, Andrew Mims, and AJ Yee put up 353 points for the weekend on the strength of top 4 finishes in all four relays and multiple big time drops in their individual events. That total score was just enough to take the title by a single point!
Good Luck to all the Wahoos swimming at Wesleyan this weekend at the 2018 YMCA All Star Meet.
- Families with swimmers attending the NE Regional YMCA All Stars meet this weekend, be sure to read emails from Suma Iyer and Kelly Dupont for job assignments.
Good Luck to our Swimmers attending the NASA Elite Showcase Meet next week and to our qualifiers that will be heading off to Greensboro for 2018 SC YMCA Nationals soon! GO WAHOOS!!!
Farewell for Coach Matt CHANGE IN TIME
Wahoos farewell party for Matt on Monday 3/26 at 5 pm
All swimmers and parents welcome to stop by the lobby between 5-6 pm to have some cake, sign Matt’s banner and wish him well in his new coaching position… Everyone is invited! Please stop by!
A Huge THANK YOU to all families who contributed to SWAMP ROMP! And thank you to our awesome coaches for submitting to this crazy event! They did their Romp on Monday for those of you that missed it!
SAVE THE DATE!
Wahoo Annual Recognition night is April 24th! Mark your calendars!
- Sign ups will be out soon!
Senior Brunch is April 28th
- Senior Brunch is a celebration for all our Graduating seniors and their families!
- 9th , 10th and 11th and graders are invited to attend and celebrate with their friends.
- Sign up is by April 20th and should be done here.
Wahoo May Qualifier Meet is May 11-13th
- Singups are open and need to be completed by April 1
Bubble Down is SATURDAY MAY 19th
- Remember the more hands on deck the easier it is.
Long Course Schedule
Practice resumes for the long course season
Super Squad Tues 4/3
Super Bronze Wed 4/4
Gold, Maroon, Varsity, Junior Mon 4/9
Senior Mon 4/2
National Mon 4/9
Practice times are posted on the website
Meet schedules are also posted on the website!
- Meet signups are already out! Be sure to sign up on time!
- Long Course is a short season and meets fill fast and there are less meets to go to! There is no guarantee that we will be able to get you into a meet if you missed the sign up! Remember you will need to do a sanctioned meet to compete in Long Course Championships! PLEASE DO SO NOW!
Interested in becoming more involved?
Any parent interested in getting more involved with the Wahoos as a squad VP or on WPAC for the 2018-2019 season please email Bernadette Hess (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Amy Nonnenmacher (email@example.com)
Team Development (Fundraising)
If you are not sure, you can check you balance here.
- Team Development programs run through March 31, 2018. If you have not completed your team development obligation, you must do so by the end of March! Please contact Jo Ann to settle your payment.
- If you choose to participate in the Team Development programs and do not fulfill the Team Development obligation by April 1, 2018, your credit card on file will be billed for the balance due on April 2nd. Additionally, there will be a $50 inconvenience fee.