March 28, 2018
Dear Colorado Swimming Club Teams, Coaches, Swimmers & Families,
Please join us, along with 11 Olympians (including Missy Franklin, Kara Lynn Joyce, Susan Williams, George DiCarlo, Lindsay Benko, Elizabeth Beisel, Susan Rapp (Von der Lippe) just to mention a few) as we Make Waves to Fight Pediatric Cancer in Colorado August 26th, 2018! Every 15 minutes, 50 Americans are diagnosed with cancer. Swim Across America (SAA) is a National non-profit organization that has raised over $70 million for cancer research & clinical trials through Open Water Swims, Pool Swims & Clinics throughout the USA! We are honored to bring SAA to Denver with our Inaugural SAA Denver Open Water Swim August 26th, 2018 at Chatfield Main Reservoir! You can swim a 500, a Mile or 5K, professionally timed. The fun news is you can wear a regular suit or a wetsuit along with any equipment you want to complete your swim. All of the funds raised by SAA Denver will benefit Pediatric cancer at Children’s Hospital Colorado’s Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders!
There are several ways you can Make Waves of your own!
- Go to swimacrossamerica.denver.org and Register to swim on August 26th. Your Registration fee of $50 counts towards your fundraising goal of $400 over 18 or $200 under 18. In addition to an awesome swim, there will be fun music & celebration. You will receive an SAA t-shirt & Towel. We have a 300 swimmer maximum so Register if you want to swim!
- You can Form your very own USA Club Team where fundraising efforts will count towards your individual goal as well as the Team Fundraising goal!
- Start your own Team as a Corporate Sponsor or an Individual Team. Recruit family & friends to participate!
- Become a Sponsor where you will have benefits depending on your level such as attending VIP Olympian Dinner at Cherry Hills Country Club on August 25th, banner & access to VIP Tent on Event Day
- Donate! If you cannot participate, support a teammate or friend by donating to their fundraising efforts
- You can organize a Pool-a-Thon at your own pool to benefit SAA Denver & Children’s Hospital.
- Volunteer to help on Event Day or to be on one of our Committees.
- Spread the word! Spread the word to your Swimming & Triathlon Friends & Families
Several of your USA Swimming Friends & Teammates, have been diligently working since last Fall to make our Inaugural SAA Denver Event a reality in 2018! If you would like further information on setting up a Team, Pool Swim, Sponsorship or Volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Thank you in advance for your support of SAA Denver as we join Children’s Hospital to fight Pediatric Cancer in Colorado!
Sincerely, Nicole Vanderpoel, SAA Denver Event Director