March 30, 2018
WCSC Parents and Swimmers,
Greetings from Walnut Creek Swim Club! We are looking forward to another fun and successful season. Please read below for some important news items:
Join the Team Today! Rates Increase on April 1st - No Joke! – Rates increase in 2 days on Sunday, April 1st! Reminder to register for Walnut Creek Swim Club by April 1st to lock in the lowest rates! We are now back at the beautiful and renovated Larkey Park Swim Center for the entire spring and summer season! Registration is open at https://www.teamunify.com/MemRegStart.jsp?team=recwcscwcsc.
New: Volunteer Opportunities – Heading into this year we have a couple of open Chair positions that are critical to fill. These positions fulfill all but 2 of the dual meet job requirements for every family (same as every chair or board position). In addition if we are over staffed the chair positions are the first to be relieved of their job requirements. Finally, you get the joy of giving back to the team and get to know your fellow volunteers.
- Co-Social Chair – This position works with the experienced Social Chair to plan the major Social events for the team. These events are the Camping Trip, After Conference Party, and Trophy Night.
- Co-Desk Chair – This person splits the work with the existing experiences Desk Chair to run the software that supports meet entries and meet scoring at the meet.
If you are interested in volunteering or learning more about the positions please contact Patrick McDonough at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New: Jobs Update - Our swim team cannot survive without volunteer help from all of our families. There are several different jobs available to suit every family’s schedule. Review the jobs descriptions on the website.
- This year every family will be responsible for volunteering at 6-8 dual meets. Final number of required jobs will be determined after registration is completed.
- We are creating a shepherding team this year. These parents will be responsible for preparing the “shepherding bucket” the night before the meet and assisting 8 & under swimmers to their swim lanes. Shepherding Team will not be required to work any other dual meet jobs. Training will be provided.
- We are recruiting parents for stroke and turn position. S&T volunteers will be on the pool deck in the thick of the action! Training will be provided. S&T parents will not be required to additional dual meet jobs.
If you are interested in being part of the shepherding or stroke and turn team, please contact Gita at email@example.com
New Swimmer Swim Evaluations on Saturday, April 7th – Swim evaluations to confirm the swimmer is swim team ready are on Saturday, April 7th from 2pm to 3pm for new swimmers age 8 and under. The evaluations will take about 5 to 10 minutes per swimmer. Please note, this swim evaluation will occur at the Clarke Swim Center located at Heather Farms Park, you can ask the front desk what part of the pool the WCSC assessments are occurring.
Spring Practice Starts Monday, April 9th – Our spring practice is starting soon! Our first practice is fast approaching on Monday, April 9th and we look forward to seeing you at the pool! Practices will be on Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays at Larkey Park Swim Center. Spring practice times by age:
- Age 6&Unders: 5:15pm-5:45pm
- Age 7-8's & 9-10's: 5:45pm-6:30pm
- Age 11-12's and Up: 6:30pm-7:30pm
Suit Fitting on Thursday, April 12th – Suit fitting for WCSC’s new swimsuits will be at the pool on Thursday, April 12 from 5pm to 7pm, have your swimmers get fitted before our after their spring practice!
See you all soon!