March 31, 2018
APRIL 1 WEEKLY SPLASH 2018
Have a Happy Easter weekend with friends and family!
April Birthdays – Daisy Droege 3rd, Preston Willis 10th, Ethan Peterson 16th, Ashton Ernest 24th, Kale Bottorff 25th, Om Ghonasgi 26th, Morgan Moore 30th
A) UPCOMING EVENTS -
1) This coming SATURDAY, APRIL 7th – Splash Club Swim-A-thon Team event!! Lots to do, see, and to bid on for our annual fundraiser. PLEASE SAVE THE DATE! Volunteer hours are accessible for this event. THIS EVENT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR OUR FAMILIES AND THE CLUB!!!
WHEN: Saturday, April 7th at Phillips 66 Pool
TIME: 8:00 AM to Noon
· Games & Crafts for the swimmers in the auditorium when they aren’t in their session
· Silent auction during the Swim-a-thon
· Volunteer opportunities available for the long course season
· All Swimmers Arrive 15 minutes
Before Scheduled Session
8:00 – 9:00 AM National and Tiger Sharks
9:15 – 10:15 AM Platinum, Silver, and Diamond
10:30 - 11:30 AM Piranha and Barracuda
11:30 – Noon ALL TEAMS
Silent Auction Baskets – swimmers can bring items based on the list below to their coaches by Tuesday, April 3rd
· National – Coffee
· Platinum – Gift Cards
· Silver – Pool/Swimming
· Diamond – Spa
· Tiger Shark – Game Night
· Barracuda - Grilling
· Piranha – Movie Night
T-Shirt & Pizza Party for every swimmer that raises
$250 before matching and turns in their packets by April 20th!
2) Coming up - Saturday and Sunday, April 21-22 – RAC Aquahawgs LC Opener.
B) Sign up Events –
1) Sign up by Sunday, April 8th – Splash Club Silicone Swim Cap Spring Order on our website – PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR SWIMMER. I KNOW OF SEVERAL INSTANCES WHERE A PARENT BELIEVES THAT THEIR SWIMMER HAS PLENTY OF CAPS AND THE SWIMMER DIDN’T TELL THEIR PARENT THAT MOST OF THEM WERE RIPPED OR LOST! I will place the order on Tuesday, April 10. Manufacturing costs have gone up. If we can get 100 or more caps ordered, we will get a price break.
All caps will have the Shield and Splash Club on them. If you would like to order a cap with no name, you may order one or many at a cost of $10 each. If you would like to order caps with your name on them (see next paragraph for details). you must order 2 or more caps to have that printing on them. Caps with names on them are $12.50 each. In the box above your sign up location on our website, please state the number of caps you want. If ordering name caps, you must order at least 2 or many more caps. With the name caps, please write down what you would like to say on the caps. Harlow, or B. Harlow, or Ben Harlow. No first name only or nicknames only may be used. If you are ordering no names, you may order as few or as many as you would like.
Please sign up as soon as possible so you don't forget! If you are wearing a swim cap at all in a meet, it needs to be a Splash Club cap. You need several caps, in case one of them breaks. Thanks for your attention to this order!
2) Sign up by Sunday, April 15th for our Splash Club Inta squad on April 28th: Warm ups at 8:30 a.m. with the meet starting at 9:30 a.m. Sign up is on the website. Everyone will swim 3 events each, selected by the coaches, with input from the swimmer. Volunteer hours are available!
3) Other meets are on the Website with the Yes/No option at this time, Please sign up or decline for each meet. We will have the meet information up as soon as we receive it.
C) SWIM GROUP NOTES:
For all groups -
1) Check the calendar and please read the Weekly Splash to make sure you know about your practice time and if it may have been changed.
2) Please remember to contact your coach, if you are unable to attend practice.
3) Please remember to click on & SAVE attend or decline for all meets on our website that are presented to your swimmer’s group.
4) If your child is sick, please stay home until feeling much better.
5) Remember to bring your water bottle to all practices.
6) Dress appropriately. Early mornings and evenings can be quite cool!
7) Please pick up your child 10 minutes after their practice is over or come in and wait. THANKS!
Tiger Shark and above groups –
1) Do everything you can to attend Fridays of upcoming meets. They are very important for your child’s long-term growth and development.
2) Be thinking about your personal and group goals for the season.
3) Don't forget to bring your snorkel every day.
Practice changes – Fun activity Friday for all of you with the National team
Practice changes – no changes to the calendar
Practice changes: No changes to the calendar
Practice changes: Friday practice is 6 – 7 p.m. (not 5-6 p.m.)
Practice changes: no change to the calendar.
Practice changes: no changes to the calendar
Practice changes – Fun activity with the Piranha group on Friday right after practice.
COACH CONTACT INFORMATION
Coach Chad: Coachenglehart@gmail.com
Coach Ben: Coachbenharlow2333@gmail.com
Coach John: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach Kara: email@example.com
Coach Gary: firstname.lastname@example.org