March 31, 2018
Happy April EDGE Swamily!
April marks the first full month of our spring programming - long course and summer pre-season programs. We love this time of year as it presents our hard-working swimmers with the opportunity to set new goals, get excited for summer swimming, and to continue to be involved with helping our community!
To help in this effort, we are excited to announce two new additions to our wonderful coaching staff. Please be sure to give a warm welcome on the pool deck to coaches Katie and Kelly. Katie and Kelly have both just completed a successful swimming career at UVM. Kelly has spent her past few summers coaching at her old club teams, North Andover and SOLO, and is looking forward to helping us this spring. Katie spent last summer coaching at BTC, where she will return this summer, before heading off to Florida State for graduate school. We look forward to welcoming them to our swamily as they provide temporary assistance this spring!
The registration deadline and last day to enroll for our spring programs is: Friday, April 27th.
Continue reading for all of the information you need to know to have a fast, fun, and successful April!
EDGE MEETS & EVENTS
COMMUNITY OUTREACH: 5th Annual EDGE Masters Swim Like a Fool/Vermont Senior Games Meet
- Click HERE for the event page
- Saturday, April 7th: 12:00-4:00pm
sign up for a job position by logging into your account and
clicking on the gray job sign up tab. The same process for
volunteering at any other meet. Please list in the notes if your
swimmer will be doing it!
- We want our swimmers involved! Especially our Gold level!
- We need at least FIFTEEN (15) volunteers - 12 timers, and 3 concession stand workers!
2018 GOLD LEVEL LONG COURSE FLORIDA TEAM TRAINING TRIP
- We are so excited to have our first ever team training trip with some of our gold level long course swimmers!
- Click HERE for the details.
- Training trip families: we will be sending out e-mails, action items, request for parent and athlete meetings, and more in the very near future!
A REMINDER THAT TRAINING LEVEL PRACTICE TIMES HAVE HAD MODIFICATIONS FROM THE 2017-2018 SHORT COURSE SEASON:
- Please click HERE for our Summer Pre-Season page
- Please click HERE for our Long Course page (summer AM practice times will be published soon).
Head Coach Caleb will be OUT OF THE COUNTRY from APRIL 3RD-10TH.
- Coach Caleb will have limited access to e-mail
- Please contact Williston Aquatics Director, Bethe Patrick, at BetheP@edgevt.com with any questions or concerns.
SPRING RECESS/APRIL BREAK: Practice schedule will remain unchanged during the spring recess from April 23rd-27th. Standard practice times.
EDGE GOES INTERNATIONAL!
Congratulations to our Ella Miller!
- After her strong performance at the 2018 NCSA Junior National Championship meet, Ella was 1 of 52 swimmers out of a talented pool of over 1,600 athletes selected to the NCSA All-American Team that will represent USA at the 2018 Irish Open National Championship meet! Congratulations, Ella! Ella will be traveling with team USA from 3/31-4/10 and competing from 4/4-4/8.
LOOKING AHEAD... SUMMER 2018!
Summer Swim Team 2018:
HERE for the 2018 Summer Team dual meet
- Please note: this is a DRAFT of the schedule. It will be approved with any modifications at an upcoming CVSL meeting.
- Dates for the mandatory parent meeting and team photo have also been published!
- The weekend dates for Leagues and States are final!
- We will have sut sizing days for our team suit on Friday, May 4th, Friday, May 11th, and Friday, May 18th
- Our summer apparel order for team gear will take place during the month of May, along with our suit sizings. Stay tuned for more information!
- Complete information will be published on our Summer Team page. Click HERE for our Summer Team page and check in frequently!
TYR SPONSORSHIP COMING SOON!
- We are very excited to announce that we are nearly complete negotiating a contract with TYR that will have us as an official TYR sponsored team! This will entitle our team to several amazing benefits. We are excited to work alongside one of the leading companies in the swimming world for quality training equipment, suits, team gear, and technical suits!
- We will announce details of the contract ASAP.
- Be prepared as we begin making a transition to TYR team gear!