April 2, 2018
Good morning and Happy Easter! I hope that everyone is well and rested.
Congratulations to all those that participated in the meet. Either by setting up, swimming or cleaning up afterwards. I had received a lot of compliments for the other attendees about our hospitality.
The Spring/Summer season will begin tomorrow, Monday April 2nd at 6 am. I have attached the April and May practice schedules.
The next All Open Masters Practice will be this Saturday, April 7th, 7:00-8:30 am at our YMCA. As always there will be coffee, bagels and other goodies to enjoy afterwards. Feel free to bring your favorite treat to share.
The bulkhead will stay in until Monday April 9th. Effective Tuesday April 10thpractices will be officially in Long Course season (50 meters) at Lyons Y. The Dome is anticipated to come down sometime in mid-May. As always I will communicate any schedule changes and updates.
There are slight changes to the start times for the week day mornings for the morning crowd at M.E. Lyons. This is due to the scheduling of the guards via Swim Safe and the anticipation of sharing the pool during the morning in the coming months. We will be sharing lanes during the month of May. Keep in mind these are long course lanes (50 meters) not short course (25 yards) and we should be able to comfortably fit 6-7 swimmers in a lane. The senior group has 36 swimmers that will be practicing until 6:35-6:40. When their practice is over, then we will be able to spread out and use all six lanes. We all need to be considerate of one another when sharing pool time.
Since summer will be here before we know it here is a listing of the available open water swims close to us. If you are tired of staring at the black line and want something different consider participating in an open water event. Once the weather is warmer I will be conducting open water workouts at East fork Lake.
Open Water events:
- Ohio Games Open Water Swims (1.5/3/5 km) - June 3, 2018
- Central Ohio Multisport Festival @ Alum Creek State Park in Delaware, OH (.25/.5/1/2 miles) - June 9, 2018
- USMS Sprint Distance Open Water National Championship (1 mi) - June 9, 2018
- Zoom Cowan Lake (3/5 km) - July 1, 2018
- Poseidon Swim Challenge in Indianapolis (2 km) - July 8, 2018
- Fidler's Pond 3rd Tri & Mile Swim (1 mi) - August 18, 2018
- Zoom Hueston Woods in Oxford, OH (3/5 mi) - August 26, 2018
- Zoom Alum Creek State Park in Delaware, OH (3/5 km) - September 16, 2018
Thanks to all for their support and commitment to our Master’s program. As always please contact me if you have any questions.
USMS Great Lakes Zone Chair
USMS ~ ASCA Level 3 Certified Coach
USA Triathlon Level 1 Certified Coach