April 3, 2018
Spring 2018 Practice Changes, Meets & End of Season Details
We are back in the thick of the Long Course meet season and there are a few dates to keep in mind as we head into April and May.
- Monday, April 9th - There will be No Morning Practice but all regular afternoon/evening practices are ON.
- Friday, April 13th – There will be NO Dryland (5:30-6:30 PM) for the Silver 1& 2 groups. Swim practice is still on from 6:30-7:30 PM
- Saturday, April 21st – SharkFest Fun Meet & Pancake Breakfast. There will be regular practices from 5:30-8:00 AM. The Fun Meet will start at 8 AM for ALL HAMMERHEADS (Junior to Gold Groups). Please plan to join us!!!
- Saturday, April 28th – There will be NO PRACTICE as the whole team is travelling to the Brock Invitational LC Meet in St Catherine’s. Please see details below
- Monday, April 30th - There will be No Morning Practice but all regular afternoon/evening practices are ON.
- Friday, May 11th – There are NO EVENING Practices
- Saturday, May 12th - There will be NO PRACTICE as the whole team is travelling to the Hollandia Spring Invitational LC Meet in London.
- Monday, May 14th - There will be No Morning Practice but all regular afternoon/evening practices are ON.
- Monday, May 21st – Victoria Day; No Practices (Morning & Afternoon/Evening)
- Saturday, May 26th – NHAC Sprint Meet (see below); regular practices from 5:30-7:30 AM only
- Friday, June 8 & Saturday, June 9th – No Practices (Spring LC Regionals)
- Monday, June 11 – No AM Practice. Afternoon practice time & location TBA
Upcoming Meets & Events
- Shark-Fest Fun Meet and Pancake Breakfast (Saturday, April 21st) wraps up Shark Week. This is purely for FUN and is not sanctioned (ie no official races or recorded times for ALL HAMMERHEADS, including our Junior Hammerheads. Please plan to join us! We will celebrate afterwards with a pancake breakfast in the Dogwood Room.
- Brock LC Invitational Meet (April 28th- 29th): This meet has events for swimmers 10 & under up to 15 & over during each session. It's a great opportunity for younger swimmers to interact with and be mentored by our older swimmers. The entire Hammerheads team will be travelling to this meet.
- Aqua 7 Finals (Sunday, May 6th): This meet is for ALL Hammerheads
- Hollandia Spring Invitational (May 11th - 13th): This meet is open to ALL Hammerheads; there are no qualifying times.
- NHAC Spring Meet (Saturday, May 26th): This is our last sprint meet of the 2017-18 season and is appropriate for ALL HAMMERHEADS, including our Junior Hammerheads. Please plan to join us!
- Spring Bottle Drive - Saturday, May 26th after Sprint Meet
- Long Course Regionals (June 8-10th): This is a qualifying meet. Please see check your swimmer’s time & the qualifying standards on our website ( 2016/2017 WOSA Regional Time Standards) or using the OnDeck App
- NHAC BBQ & Fun Swim: Tentatively scheduled for Monday, June 11 at the Delhi Kinsman Pool – even if you’re swimmer has finished their Hammerheads practices for the season, please come out & join us for some fun & laughs.
- Summer Travel Meet: We are planning a travel meet in July 2018. Planning is still in progress and we will notify you when more details are available.
As always, please speak with your Coach if you have any questions or want to know if your swimmer is ready for a particular meet.
End of Season Dates:
- Junior: Last practice will be on Monday, May 28th
- Bronze 1 & 2: Last practice will be on Monday, May 28th. If your swimmer qualifies for Regionals, please speak with their coach to determine their practice schedule leading up to the June 8-10 meet.
- Silver 1: Last practice is Tuesday, June 5th
- Silver 2: Last regular season practice is Thursday, June 7th
- Gold Group: The last Brantford practice is on Tuesday, May 29th; Tuesday AM practices will be in Simcoe as of June 5th. The remainder of the practice schedule will be announced later by Coach Trent.