April 12, 2018
Minnetonka Swim Club Families!!!
It is week 1 of the Swim-A-Thon and we already have met 10% of our goal. WAY TO GO!!
We have 3 weeks until April 28th. We thought you might have some questions. We’ve got answers. If you have other questions, please email the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is a Swim-A-Thon?It’s our once every 3 years fundraiser for Minnetonka Aquatics with great weekly incentives, raffles that everyone who collects at least $100 can enter, and fun games the day of the event, plus free food. Our event is on April 28th. Our fundraising goal is $30,000. Did we mention we won’t be asking for donations again until 2021?
- What is the money being raised for? Please see the email sent out on Thursday, April 5 with details about what the money is being raised for. Almost 25% of the money raised will go annually to support programs that help insure ALL children learn to swim. Plus new equipment, professional development for coaches, support for the HS Teams and MUCH more.
- Does my swimmer have to donate online? No, you can also collect money and hand it in to one of the coaches. If you do, please collect all money in an envelope with your swimmer’s name on it.
- What’s the incentive for week 1? Every group that has over 90% of the swimmers collect at least one donation gets to play Ultimate Frisbee. Who knew there would still be snow on the ground so late in the game???? We didn’t. Each group that qualifies will play at a later date when it’s warm and sunny……maybe July?
- What is the Minnetonka Anchor Club and why is the money going to them? The Minnetonka Anchor Club is the booster club for all of Minnetonka Aquatics. We are a volunteer board and meet quarterly. The Anchor Club is committed to supporting aquatics programming through fundraising, volunteer development, and facility planning. Members of the Anchor Club Board were instrumental in helping to create a vision for Minnetonka Aquatics and for getting the pool at MME built and the pool at MMW renovated.
- What happens the day of the Swim-A-Thon? We have a tropical theme this year. One thing you can count on is that no matter what the weather is outside, the pool deck will be hot and humid. There will be beach balls, palm trees, relay races, lei’s, sunglasses and fun music. New this year: our Event Sponsor Odom Health and Wellness will be on deck with injury screenings, chair massages and a nutritionist you can talk to about what to feed your swimmer. Parents - come inside and get a chair massage or make sure your swimmer talks to a Physical Therapist about any pain they may be having. Hammerhead Swim Caps will also be there taking orders for their new caps designed to prevent concussions.
A HUGE thank you to all the sponsors of our 2018 Swim-A-Thon. Need new insurance? A realtor? Groceries? Goggles? Physical Therapy? Sports Medicine? Nutritionist? Log Rolling? Braces? Got Lice? Where do you want to Go Next? Please thank our sponsors by giving them a call or checking out their websites through the links in the Partners section of our website.
Odom Health & Wellness
Mike Buenting - Coldwell Banker
Blue Ox Log Rolling
The Canopy Group
Lake Minnetonka Orthodontics
Elsmore Swim Shop