April 16, 2018
Week Ahead 4/16/18-4/22/18
Good Morning Tiburones
In this installment of the Week Ahead.
- Program News:
- Practice News:
- Facility News:
- Meet News:
- Booster News:
- Additional Information
A reminder that all previous Week Ahead & Wednesday Wisdoms can be found in the NEWS section of the website.
Follow Us on instagram, twitter and facebook
- Last Day of Session 2 is April 28th
Prep Registration: Open
- This is open to Advanced Clinic & Jr. Developmental level and above**
- Swimmers must be legal in 3 of the 4 competitive stroke in order to participate.
- Cost: $250
- Schedule: Follows Jr. Developmental Schedule beginning on April 29th
** We will be offering a 13 & Over option for interested swimmers. The 13 & Over option will follow the HSP schedule. Please contact the office for more information.
for this week:
- Saturday AM: No Practice
- Saturday PM: Jr. Developmental/Advanced Clinic Cancelled
- Saturday PM: Stroke Clinic will move from 3:00-4:00pm due to Abuela’s Swim that evening.
- Last Day of Session 2 Jr. Developmental & Advance Clinic is April 28th
- Stroke Clinic: Because we have had 2 cancellations during the regular session we will extend Stroke Clinic until 4/28
Sr Scholarship Applications Due May 7th:
- TIBU Boosters are now accepting applications for the 2018 Senior Scholarship. This is the 7th year of the scholarship program. If you are a graduating high school senior and are interested in applying, please complete the application including coach evaluation and letter of recommendation.
Abuela's Swim is less than 1 week away!
- Thank you to all the swimmers who have registered and everyone who has signed up to be a sponsor or donated items to the Silent Auction. Registration is still open! Cost to register is $10 per swimmer. The registration form and pledge sheet. Swimmers who raise $25 or more receive a t-shirt. Remember to still get those pledges! There will be pizza, snow cones/ices and water for sale.
Swimmer Check-in starts at 5:30 pm.
Needed for Abuela's Swim:
- Thank you to those that have volunteered. We are still looking for volunteers for the check-in desk, food sales, and Silent Auction/Baskets. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact one of the TIBU Boosters or email us
- This year Abuela's Swim will help the Wolf family. Mr. Dwayne Wolf was diagnosed with ALS in July 2017. We will help his wife, Eleanor, purchase a gas generator (and gas cards) for his equipment in the event there are power failures.
Group Baskets for the Silent Auction:
year, the different swim groups donate a themed basket to be
auctioned off at the Silent Auction. Lori Forcey is the
Overall Basket Coordinator. The below people have volunteered to
coordinate the basket for their swim group(s). Thank you to
all who have contributed.
- Azul & Celeste Plus: Wine Lovers Basket - Dorothy Herman
- HSP: Gift Cards Galore! - Paulette Gaynor
- Celeste: Tech - Lori Forcey
- Verde: Summer Cookout - Mary Jane Kissel
- Stroke Clinic/Advanced Clinic/Junior Development: Summer Fun - Carmen Wong
- Each year, the different swim groups donate a themed basket to be auctioned off at the Silent Auction. Lori Forcey is the Overall Basket Coordinator. The below people have volunteered to coordinate the basket for their swim group(s). Thank you to all who have contributed.
- New TIBU
Booster Club Members:
- Looking for some new members to join the TIBU Booster Club. If you enjoyed the Family Fun Night at Bowl America, Fundraiser at Chipotle or Abuela's Swim the TIBU Boosters is the place to be! Please contact the Boosters -- Maureen Milano, Adam Marks or Lori Forcey or email us. Come join the fun team!
- Team Gear: Magnets, T-Shirts & Caps: Email the office to order.
- Cassel’s Team Store: click here
- College Bound Swimmers
- 4/21/18: Abuela’s Swim
- 4/28/18: Last Day of Session 2 practices (Jr. Dev, Adv. Clinic, Stroke Clinic)
- 4/29/18: Summer Prep Schedule begins
- 5/12/18: College Knowledge Fair
- 5/25/18: Last day of practice (9mon & Summer Prep Swimmers)