April 23, 2018
NEW SWIM TEAM STRUCTURE
As an addendum to our last email, we would like to take a moment to inform you about our new team structure. Nothing will look too different with our team; however; structurally, we are eliminating the "developmental team" category. All swimmers (ages 5 and up) will be a part of our competitive team. Anyone 4 and under will be directed to our lesson program. With the elimination of the "developmental team" category, these swimmers will now have the opportunity to participate in our dual meets (when ready), eliminating the additional Friday morning mini-meets. For more specific information about our practice schedule and team structure, please see below. Make note of the addition of dry-land workouts into our weekly schedule!
Please let us know if you have any further questions! I know we tend to make a lot of changes, but they are all made with our athletes best interests in mind! Enjoy the sun today and we look forward to seeing you all soon:)
The PCC Swim Team Coaching Staff
We are ONE team. However; as per league guidelines, our team will have two categories, Varsity and Junior Varsity (there will no longer be a separate Developmental Team). Team designations are for meet purposes only. Our Varsity roster will be posted by June 8th. Anyone not listed on this roster will be a part of our Junior Varsity team. Please see team calendar to see meet schedule.
Swim Team Practice groups will be:
- Roosters – our senior swimmers. Can range from 12 year olds – 18 year olds.
- Hens – our intermediate swimmers. Can range from 8 year olds – 12 year olds.
- Younglings – our young swimmers. Can range from 6 year olds – 10 year olds.
- Peeps – our developing swimmers. Can range from 5
year olds – 8 year olds.
- *Practice groups determined by the coaching staff and will be posted by June 8th. The age ranges above are for guideline purposes only.
Swim Practice schedule will be as follows:
- Roosters – 8:30 – 9:45
- Hens – 9:45 – 10:45
- Younglings – 10:45 – 11:30
- Peeps – 11:30 – 12:00 (Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday)
On Mondays and Thursdays, we will incorporate dryland for the Rooster, Hen, and Youngling groups. Practice times will be adjusted on those days to:
- Roosters – 8:30 – 10
- Hens – 9:45 – 11:00
- Younglings – 10:30 – 11:30