May 7, 2018
Happy May EDGE Swamily!
The sun is starting to shine, the boats are getting out on the docks, the grass is getting greener, and the days are getting warmer! Summer is coming, and with it, the 2018 EDGE Summer Swim Team!
May marks the opening for the summer team registration period, suit sizing days, the beginning of competitions for our Long Course program, and so much more excitement within the EDGE swimming community.
Continue reading for all of the information you need to know to have a successful month and to be the best prepared you can be for another fun and fast summer!
EDGE Meets & Events
2018 NSSC Team Specialty at MIT:
- Friday, May 4th - Sunday, May 6th
- Click HERE for the meet page
- Meet results will be posted soon - great job, EDGE swimmers!
2018 Summer Team Suit Sizing and Meet the Coaching Staff Days:
- Friday, May 11th
- Friday, May 18th
- 4:30-6:00pm, Williston EDGE
HERE for the event page
- Remember to use our Signupgenius link to RSVP for a suit sizing! Click the link for the event page for more information!
- A reminder that it is our team policy to wear a team suit at all dual meets! Contact the Summer Team Head Coach or EDGE Swim Club Head Coach with any questions or concerns regarding this policy.
- A reminder that team suits are not included in pricing. See the event page for the suit sizing for more details and how to order.
2018 MELY Specialty Meet at MIT:
- Saturday, May 19th - Sunday, May 20th
- Click HERE for the event page
- Updated entries and meet information will be posted soon
- Coaches Lindsay and Nicola will be the EDGE coaches for this meet
Gold & Silver Levels:
- Saturday, May 19th will be a combined practice, due to the Long Course meet at MIT
- Gold: 8:30-10:30am, Silver: 8:30-10:00am
- Monday, May 28th.
The club is closed.
- Summer Pre-Season: All practices are canceled
Course: at the Williston EDGE - doors are unlocked 15
minutes prior to start of practice and locked 5 minutes prior to
the start of practice. Staff will leave the club 15 minutes
after practices conclude. Swimmers - be on time! Parents, please
arrive promptly to pick up your swimmers!
- Bronze level: practice canceled
- Silver level: 9:00-10:00am
- Gold levels: 7:30-9:00am
Who doesn't love sandwiches? My time as the head coach of the EDGE has seen many swimmers, young and old, devour sandwiches at Panera or other sandwich shops after their session, between a trials and finals session, and for dinners. This leads me to believe many of you enjoy sandwiches at home! Click HERE for a fun and informative article from USA Swimming regarding tips for making delicious and nutritious sandwiches that fuel our performances!
Summer Team 2018
Registration opened on May 1st!
Click HERE to learn more about the online registration process, and enroll your swimmer today!
- Click HERE for more information on the summer team, including pricing, practice scheduling, and more!
- Click HERE for our current schedule of events for the 2018 summer team season!