May 8, 2018
CRAFT – Make Waves Weekly News - 4
This week, we need you to ATTEND MEETINGS:
- To give us a better idea of how many will represent us at these meetings, please confirm your attendance by emailing CRAFT@makewaves.info.
- Wear your Make Waves t-shirts.
- For City meetings, we only need to be present and remain visible to City Council. We are not there to say anything.
- For David Coon’s Gathering, we want the pool to be part of the discussion.
Thursday, May 10 at 12pm: Community Services Committee meeting, City Hall - 2nd Floor Committee Room
- Pedway Mural Project (10 mins): Verbal Update by: Angela Watson, Officer, Cultural Development
- Community Services Committee Priorities (40 mins): PowerPoint Presentation by: Councillor Steven Hicks, Ken Forrest, Director, Growth & Community Services
Saturday, May 12 at 10:30am: David Coon’s Gathering at Fredericton’s Boys and Girls Club with Councillor Greg Ericson
Saturday, May 12 at 2pm: David Coon’s Gathering at Centre Communautaire Sainte-Anne with Deputy Mayor Kate Rogers
Monday, May 14 at 7:30pm: City Council Meeting, City Hall – Council Chamber
Other Ways To Get Involved
Make Waves Door-to Door Blitz:
- Nothing will be officially organized to go door-to-door this week but if you would like to cover part of a ward, contact CRAFT@makewaves.info to let us know. We can provide you with flyers, a ward map and the councillor’s contact information.
Keep Reaching out to Councillors, Mayor, GNB, Ministers…
- We need to continue to communicate our concerns/needs to all levels of government. If you sent an email or letter, follow up with a phone call. If you called, follow up with an email summarizing your conversation and maybe asking a few additional questions.
CRAFT (Capital Region Aquatic Facility Team) is a non-profit community group advocating for a new, all-ages aquatic facility in the greater Fredericton area. The group is comprised of representatives from different aquatic groups (FAST, Synchro, Diving, Masters, Silver Dolphins) and supported by the Life Saving Society.
The CRAFT - Make Waves campaign aims to implement ideas and strategies to extend the life of SMA and build a new pool. In order to better communicate with our members and the community, we launched a web page www.makewaves.info. You can sign up to receive regular updates of our Make Waves campaign. For now, we will also keep sending weekly updates to members until we have a substantial list that signed up on our web page. If you have any questions/comments you can reach us at email@example.com.