April 4, 2018
We are a month away from the start of the season!! Some important things to know:
- Alex Marlin has decided to step down from her role as the Assistant Team Rep this season, so if you are interested in assuming this role, please contact me! (This role traditionally assumes the role of Team Rep the following season.)
- Laura McKay is also still looking for an Assistant Volunteer Coordinator. Please reach out to her if you are interested, or would like more information, at Laurajmckay1@gmail.com.
- A Huge THANK YOU to Lisa Diller, who has agreed to be our Mini Team Rep and Swim Committee member! She will be the point person for all things Mini Team!! She will be available to meet and ask questions at the Open House on May 19th.
- Also a huge THANK YOU to Elena Byrnes who will be returning as our Data Coordinator and Swim Committee member!
- We encourage anyone who is thinking of volunteering in one of the specialized roles to attend the clinics offered by the NVSL. Go to www.myNVSL.com for registration information.
Thu New Referee Clinic at Lee Graham Pool
Clinics: NO DRINKS OTHER THAN WATER
--Table Admin with Hy-tek
--Table Admin Breakout
--Stroke & Turn Certification
Document Center for more info.Sat Stroke & Turn Clinics at various NVSL pools: Annandale, Lee Graham, Virginia Hills and Fairfax Club Estates. See Officials Clinic Schedule in
Sat Chief Timer Clinic at Annandale Pool
Tue New Referee Clinic at Lee Graham Pool
Thu Online RECERTIFICATION S&T Clinic
Sign-up for the clinic onstarting
Register at - TBD
Remember that this clinic is for S&T Officials who have been a S&T Judge for 5 or more years.
For additional info contact Dave DiNardo, NVSL Officials Attendance Coordinator, at 301-520-6209 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sun Stroke & Turn Clinic at Hunt Valley Pool
Sun Referee/Starter and New Starter Clinics at Mantua Pool
Wed Last Chance - Stroke & Turn Clinics at Hunt Valley Pool and at Sully Station Pool
No cost or registration is required.
DO NOT BE LATE.
Clinics are approximately 2 hours.
Although not a prerequisite, the NVSL Instructors highly recommend
watching the USA Swimming Training videos at https://www.usaswimming.
Check officials' attendance and requirements to ensure proper certification.
- The Handbook will be posted on May 1st. The Meets and currently planned Activities for the season are now active on the Calendar. For those of you that are new, you will need to declare your swimmer(s) for the meets by selecting the "Meet/Vol. Sign Up" tab on our team site. You will see the “Attend/Decline” button to declare and the “Jobs” button to sign up for volunteer positions. If you have questions about the details of what a particular job entails, check the Handbook. If you still have questions, reach out to Laura McKay, email@example.com
- There is a NEW SUIT this season!! We will be wearing the Nike Poly Color Surge in Game Royal. We are using SuitUp in the University Mall shopping center for the suit AND our spirit wear this year. We will have the link for the online store live on our Teamunify website right now!! SuitUp will be at the Open House on May 19th from 2pm-4pm to do fitting and onsite purchase at the pool, but you can go to their store anytime to try on and purchase the suit as well. We will be using this suit for 2 seasons as usual.
- You can also order Spiritwear starting now on our website! The selection includes a cotton T-Shirt, a dry-fit T-shirt, a hoodie, flannel pants, and girls or boys shirts. The link is live on the team site until Tuesday, June 5th at 11:59pm. The team will not be providing t-shirts this season as the team gift (it’s the year of the towel), so this is the opportunity to get one designed by our coaches!
- The Coaching Staff is Complete!! The 2018 Season will have 2 Assistant Coaches, Ashley Weldon and Lauren Sawyer, and 4 Junior Coaches, Madeline Renolds, Rachel Frazee, Lauren Royce, and Matilda Lukacs, led by Coach Anthony Portare. You will have a chance to meet and talk to them at the Open House where they will be discussing their expectations and vision for the season.