May 25, 2018
Family Update, May 25
Before I get to the reminders, there is some unfortunate and sad news to share. Stephan Hagelauer, devoted husband of Kelly and the loving father of Eloise and Noah, left our heavenly earth suddenly on Tuesday evening. For those of you who are new, Ella and Noah have been members of our team, and we are heartbroken for them. Please be sure to keep their family in your thoughts and prayers at this time. We will be sure to share more information as we hear of it, and what else we can, and will, do for their family in this time of need.
As much as I hate to pair this news with mundane daily activities, we have some information to get to you.
Thank you to all who have taken the time to register for the team. If you have not done so already, please take a moment to take care of this before June 1st. The coaches have been planning for the upcoming season, and we are anxiously looking forward to many exciting days/events ahead! Coaches Gigi, Bevin, Monica, and Julia are happy to welcome Nick Cave to our coaching staff! Nick is graduating from Great Valley High School and the UMLY swim program this year, and will be continuing his swimming career at IUP in the fall. Please make sure to extend a warm welcome to him when you see him at practice.
Just a few reminders –
- Please go to the website and register! This is important for returning team members, as well as new members. Please make sure to pay your swim/dive fees for the season as well. All registrations must be completed and fees must be paid by June 1 in order to be a rostered member of the team!
- Afternoon practices - please make sure to have sneakers, clothes, and an extra towel for all afternoon practices. We are expecting very cold water temperatures, as the pool was just filled last weekend! We will most likely be splitting practice time with swimming, dryland, and team bonding activities.
- Mark your calendars! - Nic Graesser (Gigi’s talented son) is planning to host a stroke and turn clinic on Saturday, June 16th at 9 a.m. More details will follow, but please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know if you are interested.
- Team suits can be purchased from Toad Hollow. They are the same suits as last year – solid black with our green logo on the front. Go to toadhollowathletics.com and put “Pennypacker” in the search bar to see the options. You can order them online, or purchase them at the store in Paoli. Team suits are mandatory for Team members.
- Spirit Wear is here! The online store is open for our 2018 spirit wear. Here is the link - https://tuttlemarketing.com/store/products/pennypacker-country-club-261. The store will be open from 5/23-6/3, and samples will be at practice on 5/30 and at time trials on 6/3. Orders must be placed by Sunday, June 3.
- Time Trials are live and ready for you to commit your swimmer. This year, parents will be assigned jobs at the parents meeting that will occur during the swimmer warm-ups. Time Trials are mandatory for all Competitive Swim Team members, with the exception of our Open swimmers. A parent must be present during the meeting and be ready to serve as a volunteer at the Time Trials their child is swimming in. Please go to the events tab on the website, commit Yes, and then choose all 4 strokes.
- Parents with older kids – consider adding their email address to your Team Unify account so that they can get the team emails and reminders as well!
- Please let me know us your child will not be returning for the 2018 season so that we can update our records.
Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, and be sure to give your loved ones and extra hug todayJ
See you soon!