May 27, 2018
WCSC Parents and Swimmers,
Greetings from the Walnut Creek Swim Club! Please read below for some important news items:
NOTE FROM THE COACHES:
- Reminder there is NO practice on Monday, May 28. Hope you have a great Memorial Day holiday, see you on practice on Tuesday!
- Also, if you are unable to attend the Wednesday June 6th home meet, please sign out at least a week prior, which is Wednesday May 30th.
- Please take the time to review your vacation calendar and sign your swimmer(s) out of meets they will definitely not attend. The deadline to sign out is one week before the meet (online at our website). Our first meet is June 6th. If your child has a last minute absence please email email@example.com.
- Our first three meets are home meets and a reminder about meet times: Wednesday evening home dual meets will begin at 6:00 pm (warm-ups at 5:10pm) and Saturday morning home dual meets will begin at 8:30am (warm-ups at 7:45am).
- For more info on meets you can scroll through our handbook located here: https://www.teamunify.com/recwcscwcsc/__doc__/WCSC_member_info_book_2018-FINAL_v1_1.pdf (Note: this handbook is subject to change, WCSC website always has the most-up-to-date information.)
- SWIMSUITS ARE HERE! For families who placed their order by the deadline, please join us for a distribution party on Tuesday, June 5th starting at 5pm. We will have slices of pizza for $2 each and bottled water for $1. Come to practice a little early to grab some dinner and your WCSC gear (6 and unders can grab some dinner after practice!)
- For those that need to still order swim gear, please go to https://squareup.com/store/moonwaves . Please note for all additional orders the order will ship directly to your house and be there about 4 weeks after ordering.
FUNDRAISING UPDATE: Save the Date: Tuesday, June 26th WCSC goes to the Giants game. Sign ups and info coming later this week.
- Job sign-ups are open! We are asking every family to sign up for 6 jobs this season. Jobs are 1st come, 1st serve so sign-up as soon as possible to ensure you get a job and date that works for you. Your family may double up and work 2 jobs in one meet to fulfill the volunteer requirement.
- Thank you for those who provided the $300 refundable check deposit to Gita at Time Trials. If you have not provided the $300 deposit check yet (made out to Walnut Creek Swim Club), it is due at the start of the 1st home Meet on June 6th. Swimmers may be ineligible to swim until parents have completed their jobs sign ups and provided the deposit check. Look for Gita at the pool deck prior to the start of the meet.
- Please notify Gita if you would like to "buy out" of jobs this season and surrender your deposit.
- Swimmers will not be eligible to participate in meets until job sign up is completed and the deposit is collected for respective families.
- If you know someone 16+ that would like to work as a sub and earn extra $$ this summer, please forward their contact information to Gita at firstname.lastname@example.org.
May/June Calendar Highlights: (note: calendar section on website has all of the latest updates)
- Wed, June 6th evening HOME meet against Ygnacio Woods (this was incorrect in last newsletter, this is a home meet)
- Sat, June 9th morning home meet against Livorna
- Wed, June 13th evening home meet against REST
- Thurs, June 14th evening away meet against LMYA (only Thursday meet of season)
- Fri, June 15th age 6 and under social, time TBD
- Mon, June 18th Big Buddy, Little Buddy Social at 6pm
- Wed, June 20th evening home meet against Dewing Park
- Thurs, June 21st age 13-14 social, time TBD
- Sat, June 23rd morning away meet against Forest Park
- Tues, June 26th Giants game
- Wed, June 27th team photos at 8am to 9am
- Wed, June 27th age11-12 social, time TBD
- Wed, June 27th evening away meet at RMST
See you at the pool!