May 30, 2018
FINA Water Polo School for Referees
I have the pleasure to send you the following information related to the organisation of the FINA Water Polo School for Referees scheduled to be held in Barranquilla, Colombia, from 23rd to 25th July 2018.
The purpose of this course is to achieve the following objectives:
- Enlarge the number of referees and enhance the quality of the existing ones;
- Create a uniform pattern of interpretation and application of Water Polo rules, thus raising the quality of refereeing;
- Use the school as an instrument to develop and promote Water Polo worldwide.
Please note the following information related to the designation & courses for water polo referees:
- The FINA Water Polo Schools are organized every year for new water polo referees seeking to become FINA Water Polo Referees and for water polo referees seeking to update their FINA title.
- Designation of FINA Water Polo Referees: only the referees who have passed the final exam and received the title of “FINA Water Polo Referee” will be eligible for FINA competitions.
- Update course: referees who passed the exam and received their FINA titles in 2016 have their update course in 2018, whereas referees who received their FINA title in 2017 will have their update course in 2019.
Please find below the details related to the organisation of this course:
DATE: Arrival: 22nd July 2018
Course: 23rd – 24th July 2018 (am/pm sessions) & 25th July (pm session).
Departure: 26th July 2018
PARTICIPANTS: Each National Member Federation may nominate water polo referees for this course.
REGISTRATION: Please kindly note that the specific discipline of the school must be added to the attendee’s GMS profile as well as his/her personal email address in order to submit the registration. All participants must be registered by the 27th June 2018 in the FINA General Management System (GMS) using your federation login details. The link to the FINA GMS is https://data.fina.org.
If you require any assistance with the registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
NATIONALITY: Please take into consideration that when a competition official represents his/her country in a competition, he/she shall be a citizen, whether by birth or naturalisation, of the nation he/she represents, provided that a naturalised citizen shall have lived in that country for at least one year prior to that competition (FINA Handbook - Edition 2017, General Rules 2.5).
PLACE: Barranquilla, Colombia
ARRIVAL AIRPORT: Ernesto Cortissoz International Airport (BAQ)
TRAVEL: Each National Federation is responsible for the travel expenses of the nominated referees. We kindly ask you to not book any flight tickets until your participants have been approved.
VISA SUPPORT: Please contact the FederaciónColombiana de Natación if you require visa assistance.
ACCOMMODATION: Each National Federation will cover the accommodation expenses of the nominated referees.
Hotel Estelar en Alto Prado Calle 76 No. 56-29 Barranquilla, Colombia
Website: Click here
Single Room: USD 120/day*
Double Room: USD 150/day*
RESERVATIONS: To make a reservation, please confirm with the Federación Colombiana de Natación.
LOCAL TRANSPORT: Transfers from and to the airport will be provided by the OC for those referees accommodated at the official hotel. In order to organise the local transportation, please provide the participants’ flight arrival and departure details to the Federación Colombiana de Natación.
MEETING VENUE: Hotel Estelar en Alto Prado
PROGRAMME: Please note that the school programme will be provided shortly.
OC CONTACT: Daniel Páez Bastidas / Pedro Pérez
Phone: +57 312 636 3662 / 311 773 8288
We strongly believe that the FINA Water Polo Schools for Referees will powerfully contribute to the improvement of our sport.
For any further details please contact the FINA Office in Lausanne:
FINA Development Department Chemin de Bellevue 24a/24b 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
Tel: (41-21) 310 47 10
Fax: (41-21) 312 66 10
We look forward to receiving your nominations through the FINA GMS
by no later than the 27th June 2018.