June 3, 2018
WCSC Parents and Swimmers,
Greetings from the Walnut Creek Swim Club! Please read below for some important news items:
Parents: Please note that we often are speaking to you and the swimmer when we put together our newsletter. Please take a moment and read it with them, or for the older ones forward it to them.
This Wednesday June 6th is our first meet!
- Please arrive early and ready to warm up by 5pm.
- Double check the meet sheet for individual events and relays you are in (meet sheet published the day prior typically, can view on main page of website by clicking on meet and it will be under forms/documents)
- Be part of team cheer. Lots of Red, White and Blue, SPIRIT! Please wear your team suit and CAP!
- If you are an alternate relay swimmer #5, or #6 you are considered part of the relay team and responsible to the team - be ready to swim and go up to the blocks with your team mates.
- Be ready to RACE! Preparation is great strategy for life! Cap, Goggles and FOCUS!
- 9 and Up’s- Review with coaches the Focus for each race. Review with coaches the evaluation of each race.
- Get your time from timers
- Have fun!
Please note, for Saturday, June 9th meet, please arrive at 7:30am (arrive at 7:30am, warmups at 7:45am and meet starts promptly at 8:30am).
Go WCSC, Coaches
- SWIMSUITS ARE HERE! For families who placed their order by the deadline, please join us for a distribution party this Tuesday, June 5th starting at 5pm. We will have slices of pizza for $2 each and bottled water for $1. Come to practice a little early to grab some dinner and your WCSC gear (6 and unders can grab some dinner after practice!)
- For those that need to still order swim gear, please go to https://squareup.com/store/moonwaves . Please note for all additional orders the order will ship directly to your house and be there about 4 weeks after ordering.
SUMMER SWIM PRACTICE SCHEDULE:
This upcoming week is our last week of late afternoon practice times, we then move to morning practice times. Please note, on Monday, June 11th there is a non-standard practice time due to a City Rental. Here are the times:
Only on Monday, June 11th (due to City Rental):
- Age 11 and up: 7:30-8:30am
- Age 9 and 10: 8:00-9am
- 6 and Under & 7-8: 9:00-9:30am
Standard Mon thru Friday Summer Swim Times (Non-Meet Days)
- Age 11 and Up: 7:30-9:00am
- Age 9 and 10: 9:00-10:00am
- Age 7 and 8: 9:00-9:45am
- 6 & Under: 9:45-10:15am
Adjusted Times on MEET DAYS (some Wednesdays & one Thursday):
- Age 11 and Up: 7:30-8:30am
- Age 9 and 10: 8:30-9:30am
- Age 7 and 8: 8:30-9:15am
- 6 & Under: No Practice
JUNE 26th GIANTS BASEBALL GAME:
- WCSC has a block of seats for the Tuesday, June 26th Giants game at 7:15pm vs. the Colorado Rockies.
- View Reserve tickets have been reserved for us at $28/each. We have 75 seats available. To guarantee your spots, reserve soon! If those sell out, we may have an opportunity for more seats, but that will be done via a wait list and is subject to availability.
- Tickets are now available on our Square Up team site and can be accessed by going to https://squareup.com/store/wcsc-walnut-creek-swim-club. This will be the only way to pay and confirm your seats. Once in the Square Up click on the Single Ticket $28 rectangle and it will lead you to the cart where you can change the quantity to add more seats. In the checkout section, for pick up date and time: Choose any date and time (it doesn’t matter what you will choose since tickets will be delivered at practice and/or a meet a few days before the game.)
- For questions please email Cherie Gann at email@example.com or find her at practice on Monday and Tuesday and the meet on Wednesday (she will not be at practice Thursday, 6/7). GO Giants!
- We continue to need team sponsors! If you have sponsor leads please give their names/contact info to Cherie Gann or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Flamingos are back for another season, so let's get to flocking! WCSC is flocking the town with red and blue flamingos. For $25 your family can pick up a flock of flamingos, a WCSC yard sign, and a personal note from you and you can deliver them to your unsuspecting family, friends, and neighbors. You remove the flock two days later and bring it back. There are no set dates for flocking, just whenever you want to set up flamingos! Think rival teams, birthdays, congratulations, future WCSC swimmers, your big/little buddy, even your own swimmers! The possibilities are endless. Contact Cherie Gann for more info on the birds!
- We have WCSC Swag for sale: License Plate Frames $25, Vinyl stickers $5, and reusable bags $4. Cherie will have them available at the meet this coming Wednesday.
FRIDAY, JUNE 15TH 6 AND UNDER SOCIAL: Please save the date from 11:30am to 2:30pm on Friday, June 15 for a pool party at Kristen Beeman-Moylan's house for the 6 and under swimmers! Please join us for pizza, ice cream and pool party fun! Location and how to RSVP will be provided in about a week. This is an opportunity for the kids to meet their fellow team mates and for the parents to meet other 6 and unders. There will also be a few coaches dropping by to say hi and answer any questions you might have. (Please note – there are other socials for the older ages later on in the summer, stay tuned!)
- Please take the time to review your vacation calendar and sign your swimmer(s) out of meets they will definitely not attend. The deadline to sign out is one week before the meet (online at our website). If your child has a last minute absence please email email@example.com.
- Our first three meets are home meets and a reminder about meet times: Wednesday evening home dual meets will begin at 6:00 pm (arrive at 5pm) and Saturday morning home dual meets will begin at 8:30am (arrive at 7:30am).
- For more info on meets go to our member handbook: https://www.teamunify.com/recwcscwcsc/__doc__/WCSC_member_info_book_2018-FINAL_v1_1.pdf (Note: handbook is subject to change, WCSC website will have the most-up-to-date information.)
- Job sign-ups are open! We are asking every family to sign up for 6 jobs this season. Jobs are 1st come, 1st serve so sign-up as soon as possible to ensure you get a job and date that works for you. Your family may double up and work 2 jobs in one meet to fulfill the volunteer requirement.
- Thank you for those who provided the $300 refundable check deposit to Gita made out to Walnut Creek Swim Club at Time Trials. If you have not provided the $300 deposit check yet, it is due at the start of the 1st home Meet on June 6th. Swimmers may be ineligible to swim until parents have completed their jobs sign ups and provided the deposit check. Look for Gita at the pool deck prior to the start of the meet.
- Please notify Gita if you would like to "buy out" of jobs this season and surrender your deposit.
- Swimmers will not be eligible to participate in meets until job sign up is completed and the deposit is collected for respective families.
- If you know someone 16+ that would like to work as a sub and earn extra $$ this summer, please forward their contact information to Gita at firstname.lastname@example.org.
June Calendar Highlights: (note: calendar section on website has all of the latest updates)
- Wed, June 6th evening HOME meet against Ygnacio Woods
- Sat, June 9th morning home meet against Livorna
- Wed, June 13th evening home meet against REST
- Thurs, June 14th evening away meet against LMYA (only Thursday meet of season)
- Fri, June 15th age 6 and under social, 11:30am to 2:30pm
- Mon, June 18th Big Buddy, Little Buddy Social at 6pm
- Wed, June 20th evening home meet against Dewing Park
- Sat, June 23rd morning away meet against Forest Park
- Tues, June 26th Giants game (need to reserve in advance, see above for more!)
- Wed, June 27th team photos at 8am to 9am
- Wed, June 27th age11-12 social, time TBD
- Wed, June 27th evening away meet at RMST
See you at the pool!