June 4, 2018
It is a requirement with Swim Ontario that all Coaches, Board and Committee members, Level 4 and up officials have updated police record checks done once every three years.
If you need to submit a updated police record check or vulnerable sector report or need to for the first time we have provided you with some information to get this process started.
1st - print off the attached Norfolk letter
2nd - determine if you need to complete a Police Record Check or Vulnerable Sector Check, As of June 2018 Swim Ontario requirements are as follows:
Police Records Check (PRC):
• All board members;
• Any persons with access to sensitive personal or confidential information, or financial records or money;
• All Level 4 and Level 5 officials.
• Required initially and every 5 years thereafter
Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC)
• Any coach 19 & over who coaches children or vulnerable people;
• Any persons involved in the delivery of developmental programs for swimmers such as clinics or camps;
• Any persons affiliated with provincial teams; and
• Any persons appointed to accompany a team with swimmers under the age of 18 or other vulnerable people to a camp, competition or other event (e.g. team manager, chaperones).
• VSC is required every three (3) years and an Offence Declaration in off years
• VSCs must have been issued within the past 365 days
• Coaches switching clubs must submit a new VSC
• Swim Ontario will share the VSC with CSCTA and Swimming Canada
3. Once you know which report you need completed you can click on the following link which will take you to the OPP website where you can complete this form and print off to take to your local detachment along with our NHAC letter (attached)