June 6, 2018
SWIM-A-THON FINAL RESULTS – We exceeded every goal!
Thanks to all who made the 2018 Swim-A-Thon NOVA’s largest fundraiser ever! With your help, NOVA exceeded its goal of $103,000 by over $15,000. This surplus will be directed to the capital campaign. In addition, $6,000 (5%) will go to USA Swimming to support TeamUSA and learn-to-swim programs. The remaining funds will be used for NOVA operations.
Here are the FINAL results:
- Our overall goals for
the event included:
- 50% pledge participation – we beat this with 59% pledge participation
- $215 raised per participant – our swimmers with pledges averaged over $244, the most ever
- Highest total $ raised by group: 1st – AGDS, $16K, 2nd – SDS, $12K, 3rd – AGS, $11K
- Highest average $ raised by group: 1st – SS1, $315, 2nd – AGG, $300, 3rd – AGDG, $280
- Highest pledge participation: 1st – AGDS, 88%, 2nd – AGDG, 87%, 3rd – AGG, 86%
- 24 swimmers
qualified for the Grand Prize (raising $750 or more)
– Congrats to these swimmers!
- $1000+ Brantley Patterson, Oakley Cotropia, Bella Little, Alex Sushkoff, Sadie Webb, Katherine Lacy, Abigail Carley, Laurel Hawkins and Mary-Stuart Hawkins
- $750 - $1000 Emily Kantner, Avery Duke, Bill Belcher, Harry Belcher, Addison Barnes, Joseph Brunetti, Julia Paget, Zhigheng Li, Kaila Hewitt, Kaleigh Seitz, Skylar Dacey, Thomas Farney, Simran Gilani, Claire Holloway, and Atesh Camurdan
- Brantley Patterson was our #1 fundraiser, winning a $50 gift card to the Virginia Swim
- 183 swimmers qualified for a prize by raising $250 or more – the most ever
- AGDG, AGDS, AGG, AGS, Novice Silver, SDG, SS1, and SS2 all won pizza parties (to be held in June)
- Practice Group Leaders:
NS: Brantley Patterson ($2,001)
NG: Simran Gilani ($750)
AGDS: Abigail Carley ($1,013)
AGDG: Katherine Lacy ($1,050)
AGP: Oakley Cotropia ($1,842)
AGS: Bella Little ($1.500)
AGG: Emily Kantner ($850)
SDP: Sarah Wright ($300)
SDS: Alex Sushkoff ($1,280)
SDG: Joseph Brunetti ($780)
SP: Hill Nystrom ($450)
SR: Kaleigh Seitz ($755)
SS1: Kaila Hewitt ($755)
SS2: Herman Elder ($530)
SG: Sarah Bender ($675)
- We appreciate our senior swimmers who helped out on event day and our coaches, who were great sports and made it extra fun for the swimmers. A special shout out goes to the Connell family, including swimmer Seamus, who helped us develop our great beachy theme and logo!
- Last, a huge thank you to our sponsors, who help us cover our event costs so that all of the funds raised can benefit our club! This year’s sponsors included: Lead Sponsor Towne Bank & Towne Insurance, as well as James River Petroleum, eTec Mechanical, Williams Mullen, Koontz Bryant Johnson Williams, Speedo, Hourigan, Fidelity, Bankers Insurance, The Wilton Companies, Academy of Academic Excellence, The Petkauskas Foundation, Hobbs & Associates, Seresco, Virginia Family Dentistry, Elkin Sports Performance, Union Bank, Punch, New Life Painting, Associa, John Rolfe Animal Hospital, Baber Wealth Management of Raymond James, Precision Print & Copy, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Bey & Cotropia, River City Rubbish, uDig, Nelson Scott Evaluation Center, Victory Travel, CV Networks, J.A. Heisler Contracting, The Connell Family, Corporate Imprints, the NOVA Alumni Association, and J. Rocco’s Pizza. Please support these friends of NOVA!
- Do you still have remaining pledges to turn in? You can still turn them in and they will count toward your fundraising obligation, but not in our Swim-A-Thon numbers or toward prizes.
- Did your child win a prize? We are in the process of sourcing all the prizes. We hope to have them by the end of the July (gift cards will come sooner, apparel later). You will be notified when they arrive and will be able to pick them up in the Business Office.
- Did you make a matching gift? Your swimmer has received credit for the gift and we will follow up with you if we have questions or need further information. All matching gifts count toward your family’s fundraising obligation.
- Do you need a tax receipt? Donations for the Swim-A-Thon from anyone other than a swimmer’s parents are 100% tax deductible. For parents, any amount over and above your annual fundraising obligation is tax deductible. Official tax receipts will be sent out next January via email. If you didn’t provide email for offline pledges, we can still add this in to make sure your donors receive a receipt. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to update a donation.
- Any other questions? Email email@example.com.