June 7, 2018
Dear GMA Families,
We are excited to see our athletes finish the school year, succeed in their final exams and enjoy graduation events in the coming weeks. We will transition to the morning schedule on June 18th, 2018. As we help our athletes balance the end of the school year with intense competition and training, we have made a few scheduling changes. Please be aware of the following:
- For the remainder of the summer long course season, GMA Age Groups Saturday Practice will be from 8-10 AM.
Beginning on June 18th, 2018 the weekly training schedule will be as follows:
- 7-10 AM GMA Senior, Sectional and National Groups
- 7-9 AM GMA Age Groups Group
- 7-8:30 AM GMA Regional Group
- 7-8 AM GMA State Group
- 7:30-8 AM GMA Prep Group (Monday through Thursday only)
- Friday 6/8/18 – ALL GMA swimmers are invited to attend YOGA with Rachel L. from 5-6 PM at Saint Michael’s College OUTSIDE! Please pack your comfortable yoga clothes and your yoga mat.
- Saturday 6/9/18 - NO SATURDAY PRACTICE FOR ALL TRAINING GROUPS
- Monday 6/11/18 – NO PRACTICE for Senior, Sectional and National Groups (GMA Prep, State, Regional and Age Groups Groups will have NORMAL PRACTICE)
- Saturday 6/23/18 – NO SATURDAY PRACTICE for ALL TRAINING GROUPS (due to Montreal swim meet)
- Monday 6/25/18 – NO MONDAY PRACTICE for ALL TRAINING GROUPS (due to the Montreal swim meet)
Our GMA long course team has a busy few months of racing ahead! We are ready to build on our improvements and implement new racing strategies to compete EVEN BETTER this weekend at the PVA Team Specialty Meet at Williams this weekend. We have BIG GOALS for this long course season to race at the fastest meets in New England and USA Swimming! We are PUMPED to make some strong steps toward those goals this weekend.
GOOD LUCK to our GMA athletes racing in Williamstown, MA at the PVA Team Specialty Meet at Williams College. We have a GREAT group representing the team at the meet this weekend and we look forward to seeing our athletes swim fast, have fun and support each other at this great meet.
Here are the important meet details:
Click HERE for the GMA meet entries.
Click HERE for meet information page.
Meet Coaching Schedule
Coaches Jim and Elizabeth will be at the meet on Saturday and Sunday. Coach Jim's cell phone number is 802-363-3228. Coach Laura will be at the meet on Sunday afternoon after the GMA FUNdamentals Clinic.
Meet Times & Timing Assignments:
Evening Session (Events # 1-12)
GMA Warm-Up 4:20 PM on deck, 4:35 PM-4:55 PM Warm-Up in Lanes 5 (sharing) & 6, 5:00 PM Meet Start
GMA TIMERS: Lane 7
4:40-6:30 PM: Barringer and Marcus
6:30 PM – Session End: McIntyre and Crock
Morning Session (12 & Under athletes, Events # 13-26)
Please note: The meet warm-up and start times for the Saturday monring 12 and Under session have been moved later than originally posted in the meet information by the meet host.
GMA Warm-Up 8:05 AM on deck, 8:20 AM-8:40 AM Warm-Up in Lanes 7 & 8, 9:05 AM Meet Start
GMA TIMER: Lane 3
7:40-9:30 AM: LaFountain
9:30 AM-Session End: Ahern
Afternoon Distance Session (Events # 27-30)
GMA Warm-Up 12:05 PM on deck, 12:20 PM-12:40 PM Warm-Up in Lane 7, 12:45 PM Meet Start
ALL SWIMMERS MUST HAVE THEIR OWN TIMERS and LAP COUNTERS
Evening Session (13 & Older athletes, Events # 31-44)
GMA Warm-Up 2:45 PM on deck, 3:00 PM-3:20 PM Warm-Up in Lanes 7 & 8, 4:05 PM Meet Start
GMA TIMER: Lane 3
3:40-5:30 PM: Miller-Johnson
5:30 PM-Session End: Antonovich
Here are some additional GMA team reminders:
- GMA team members are required to be on deck 15 minutes prior to our warm-up time and present for all team meetings, team warm-ups and team assignments for the weekend.
- All GMA swimmers are required to stay for the ENTIRE SESSION each day. Please show your support for your teammates.
- All GMA swimmers are required to warm-up and warm-down properly for every event.
- Please remember that the pool is isolated from locations selling healthy food and drinks. Please pack nutritious meals for your athletes who will be racing for 4-5 hours at the pool each day. Please plan your family travel to arrive at the pool at our scheduled meeting times.
Green Mountain Aquatics Long Course 2018:
SWIM MEET REMINDERS & GUIDELINES
The following reminders and guidelines are offered to our families to ensure that ALL GMA swimmers, parents and coaches enjoy FUN and SUCCESSFUL meet experiences!
1. Please arrive at the pool early. All swimmers need to be on deck ready to swim 15 minutes prior to the scheduled warm-up time. Please stay for the entire session in which you are swimming. Stay to participate on relays, to help clean up the pool area and to cheer on your teammates.
2. Please arrive on time for your meet job. Please plan to stay for the entire meet session.
3. Please introduce yourselves to GMA parents and to parents from other teams. We would like to create a cordial and open atmosphere at meets. Please do your part to be sure that all families feel welcome.
4. Parents are reminded that ONLY parents assigned to work on deck, swimmers and coaches are to be on deck. If you are NOT assigned to work on deck, you must be seated in the spectator seating area. This rule is set by USA Swimming and our liability insurance coverage for the athletes and coaches is dependent upon EVERYONE following this rule.
5. Please pack the following for your swimmers:
2 GMA black racing caps
2 pairs of goggles (shaded or mirrored for outdoor meets)
GMA team suit
GMA team shirts
GMA team apparel
At least 3 towels
Plenty of sunscreen and seating for outdoor meets
Nutritious food and drinks only (Meats, vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds are the key components of nutritious meals.)
6. Swimmers are responsible for the following:
Knowing their meet events
Knowing their personal best times
Knowing their goals for each event
Talking to a coach before and after every race
Getting to their heats and lanes by themselves
Cheering for their teammates during the ENTIRE session (do not leave until the session is over and our team area is fully cleaned)
Demonstrating great sportsmanship and team spirit
Resting/ sleeping in bed at least one hour in between prelims and finals sessions
Warming up before each event, warming down after each event and maintaining any prescribed physical therapy routine.
7. At meets, the coaching staff will conduct and supervise warm-up procedures for the team. Before and after each race, the coaches will offer feedback regarding the swimmers performance.
8. It is the parent’s job to offer love and understanding regardless of their athlete’s performances. It is not the parent’s job to coach the swimmer on stroke technique, racing strategy or any other technical aspects of the sport. Please be patient with your child and remember that learning to be a champion requires time, experience and encouragement. The meet experiences and your child’s self-worth should not be measured by the number of personal best times achieved alone. GMA swimmers are wonderful young people who need to be recognized for their great attitudes and their excellent effort in each race!
9. Please WEAR YOUR GMA ATTIRE and represent your team with pride, respect and spirit!
LET'S GO GMA!!! SWIM FAST AND HAVE FUN!!
Laura Matuszak, GMA Head Coach