June 12, 2018
It's time to kick off our first meet of the summer season with our Intersquad Meet & Picture Day! This is just a small meet to help our swimmers (and newer parents) get to know how a meet works.
Read through the below email for meet and picture details. The meet line-up will be posted on the MMAC website as soon as it is available.
Location & Venue:
- Location: Merkel Aquatic Center, McHenry.
- Admission: No cost.
- Concessions will be open.
- Parking is available on-site. On-street parking is not allowed.
Check-in / Warm-up / Meet Start:
Timeline and Check-in time for all swimmers is listed below. Check in with the MMAC coaches on deck.
- Individual Photos - begin at 4:00pm
- Team Photo - 5:00pm
- Check In: 5:00pm - be there no later than this time!
- Warm Up: 5:30pm
- Meet Start: 6:00pm
Please instruct your swimmer(s) to listen to the coaches carefully about Heat/Lane assignments.
Body writing is not allowed at any of our recreation meets. However, swimmer events can be written on each swimmer’s hand.
- Pictures - Picture order forms have been placed in each family's folder in the folder boxes. Additional order forms are available as well. Look for forms by the file boxes or see someone on the coaching staff.
- Team Swim Caps - Team silicone swim caps will be available for sale. $10 for MMAC old logo; $13 for MMAC new logo. Look for Parent Board members Lisa Bride or Jessica Bitterman to purchase a cap.
- Bears Raffle Tickets - Remember to pick up your raffle tickets to sell as part of our summer team fundraiser! Each family is being asked sell one 3-pack per swimmer. CLICK HERE for more information. See Agnes Joswiak, Parent Board Vice President, at the meet to pick up your pack of tickets. You can also see a coaching staff member at practices.
- Drink plenty of water! These meets begin during the heat of the day and we all need to stay hydrated!
- No swimmers will be allowed in the toddler pool!
- Locker rooms will be available; swimmers must provide their own locks. No items should be left unlocked in the locker rooms!
- Swimmers will be allowed to have food in designated seating areas.
- Outside chairs, blankets, and coolers are allowed. Please be respectful and remember we have a LOT of families who want to see their swimmers.
- No spectators will be allowed behind the blocks or in the Bull Pen area.
- There will be a designated area along the spectator side of the pool for Coaches and Officials. PARENTS and SPECTATORS should avoid sitting in this area.
- Restrooms are available in the locker rooms.
- REMEMBER! This is an outdoor event. Weather conditions can change suddenly, especially as the sun begins to set. Dress accordingly for hot and/or cooler weather.
- Healthy snacks and dinner options (wraps, fresh fruit and veggies, etc.)
- Plenty of water! Gatorade, or something similar is also good. Try to avoid drinks with excessive sugar.
- Extra towels. Each swimmer will be in 4 events plus warmup.
- Sunscreen and/or insect repellent.
- Warm clothes. Temperatures get cool after the sun sets.
Team Spirit & Sportsmanship - Please encourage your swimmer(s) to support each other and cheer during events. Swimmers are encouraged to show good sportsmanship to each other an any team we compete against. But remember to be quiet for the start of events so swimmers can hear.
Please remember we are still GUESTS at this facility. We all need to show respect by cleaning up after ourselves after the meet. Instruct your swimmers to NEVER THROW ANYTHING INTO THE POOL OR TODDLER POOL! Please keep close watch on younger family members and DO NOT allow them to roam around the building or pool area unattended. As always, we need to be respectful of all park district property.
If you have any questions about the meet, or anything you aren't sure about, feel free to reach out to any of the coaches, team staff or veteran parents. You can always reply to this message as well.