June 12, 2018
Here's all the FAST news you need to know for the week of June 10:
(1) Thanks for Supporting the FAST-Hosted Meet – Thanks to everyone who came out to support the FAST-hosted meet this past weekend. We were taking a risk hosting an extra meet during prime vacation season, but we were pleased that we had good attendance from FAST swimmers and families to help make the meet a success!
(2) Travel Meet! Lots going on here:
Second – There will be a planning meeting at WGAC at 6:00 pm on Thursday to talk through logistics of attending. (Need to confirm what to bring, where we will meet, etc.) Also, Travel Meet T-Shirts should be available at the meeting to hand out, for added incentives to attend.
(3) Registrations are Due by Friday, June 15 for the upcoming BB/B/C Long Course Meet @MAC/Mansfield – This is a sprint meet format, with just shorter distance events, but all in long course format. It’s a great chance for younger swimmers, especially, to swim a race in a longer distance format. Take note, though – the races are all on Friday night on June 29, and Saturday morning on June 30, so pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Click HERE to go directly to the meet information page.
(4) Sign up for Other Upcoming Meets – Sign ups for all the meets through this summer are now LIVE on the website, and meet information is available for all of them. Click on the links below to go directly to the meet information and signup pages:
- July 5-8 – 14 & Under A+ Long Course Champs @MAC/Mansfield (register by June 22!)
- July 12-15 – BB+ Long Course Meet @LAC/Lewisville
- July 12-15 – Long Course Sectionals @UT Austin
- July 20-22 – B/C Short Course Meet @FAST
- July 25-29 – 2018 Long Course TAGS @UT Austin
- July 26-29 – Texas Senior Circuit Long Course Champs @San Antonio
(5) Swim Lessons are Back for July – Know anyone who may be interested in competitive swimming, but may want to brush up their strokes first? Consider recommending our July swimming lessons to them. Click HERE for more details.
(6) TeamApp Communication Platform – If you haven’t already done so, please sign up for the TeamApp communications platform, as a means of communicating within the team. Instructions for creating an account and linking to the coaching groups are available in the e-mail Ron sent out on April 10, which is posted HERE for convenience. Check it out, and sign up!
See you at the pool!