COVID-19 Update

The swim team board met April 16th to discuss the alternatives the Colonial Swim League (CSL) is considering. With statewide coronavirus restrictions in place until 10 June, CSL is considering two alternatives that salvage the season but move it to the right:

  • Option 1 has us starting with a B meet on 1 July. The A and B meets originally scheduled for 20-27 June would be held in late July and early August followed by Divisionals and virtual All-Stars on 7 August. Virtual All Stars would include recognition for top performers and the traditional All-Star t-shirt.
  • Option 2 has us starting with a B meet on 24 June. The A meet originally scheduled for 20 June would be held 25 July followed by Divisionals on 1 August. All Stars would tentatively be held on 7 August.
  • In both scenarios, there will be no IM Tough or Relay Carnival.

Sequoia Farms HOA has announced that the earliest the pool may open is Saturday, 20 June. CSL is working closely with state and local health officials, as well as the Northern Virginia Swim League (NVSL), to inform decision-making. The next CSL meeting will be held on 12 May; we anticipate a decision on summer swim at that time. Consequently, the SFST board agreed to postpone summer swim registration until 14 May.

Please stay safe and healthy… and keep your fins up!