February 27, 2021
Guidance (CDC, 2020) "There is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools, hot tubs, spas, or water play areas," the CDC says on its website. "Proper operation and maintenance (including disinfection with chlorine and bromine) of these facilities should inactivate the virus in the water."
From web site: Covid19.CA.GOV Are swimming pools open?
Outdoor swimming pools are allowed to open in all counties in California. Drowning prevention classes, including swim lessons with certified instructors, are permitted in indoor and outdoor swimming pools in all tiers, as they are deemed essential. Bring your own towel, and don’t share items that are worn on the face (like goggles, nose clips, or snorkels). Pool operators should follow heightened cleaning and safety guidance in response to COVID-19.
Carson Swim School 2020 Operational Notes:
Below are CCHealth Covid-19 reccomendations Carson Swim School will follow for everyone’s safety. Please take a moment and read the information below before attending lessons.
All participants are asked to use the Respiratory Illness Symptom Screening Tool at the following link: https://cchealth.org/coronavirus/pdf/Respiratory-Illness-Symptom-Screening-Tool-for-Parents-and-Caregivers.pdfat home before coming to the facility. If your child does not pass this screening, do not bring them to the facility.
- All participants should shower and use the bathroom at home before arriving.
- Bathrooms are closed due to COVID-19 and will only be used in emergency situations.
- Participants should arrive and depart with their suits on. There will be no changing room or shower available.
- All registration and payments should be conducted over the phone when possible.
- Parents are asked to maintain social distancing guidelines upon entry and exit to the facility as marked, and be masked while at Carson Swim School.
- Please adhere to all signage and maintain proper distancing. No more than three customers will be allowed in the office at one time.
- We will be unable to have parents inside the pool area at this time.
- Hand sanitizer, disinfecting spray, paper towels, tissues, and no-touch trash cans will be available to all people on site. They are located on outside parent tables, in the office and at entry and exit locations.
- Parents are asked to closely monitor non-participating siblings and maintain distancing from others or remain in their car. Non-participating siblings over two years of age should be masked.
- In an aquatic setting the CDC says “those wearing face coverings should not wear them in the water because cloth face coverings can be difficult to breathe through when they are wet.” Shields will be worn by Carson Swim School employees in the water.
- In compliance with the CDC and CCHealth Department, Carson Swim School will be operating at less than 50% of capacity.
- No Make-up lessons will be offered until Covid-19 restrictions are lifted.