Dear Stingrays Families,
We are excited to announce that registration will open
soon!!! This newsletter is to update you on the
impact that COVID-19 will have on the 2021 season. We will
have another newsletter soon with our regular team news. If
you have any questions after reading this newsletter, please click
on the link at the end of the newsletter and submit your
questions. We will send out a FAQ page with all the answers
to questions submitted.
Here’s what we know:
- We will be having a 2021 season that will include practices and
- Our priority will be on having fun and returning as much
normalcy as possible to your swimmers’ summer.
- Your swimmers will improve their swimming skills and their
- We missed our Stingrays family and can’t wait to see all
of you this summer!!!!
- All of our practices and meets will have to adhere to pool,
county, state, and CDC guidance around measures to limit the spread
- CMSL will meet again on April 19th. We should
have additional information to share at that time.
Here’s what might be different:
- We plan to have both a.m. and p.m. practices. Our
practice schedule will depend on registration numbers to allow for
the appropriate social distance.
- Evening practices will be limited to those swimmers who can
only attend evening practice. It will not be available for
morning practice make-ups for absences or camp attendance.
This is to assist with contact tracing.
- We will be unable to accommodate Mini-Stingrays on the team
this year. To qualify to be on the team this year, swimmers
will need meet the following guidelines:
- Be able to swim the length of the pool unassisted
- Be able to follow the instructions of the coaches and maintain
- Be mature enough to attend practice without a parent present
- We encourage anyone interested in Mini-Stingrays to
enroll in swimming lessons.
- Spectator capacity at practice and meets may be very limited
depending on COVID-19 metrics and pool, county, state and CDC
guidelines at the time
- Our meets will likely be virtual. CMSL is hoping to have
Straehle and Divisionals. Formats for weekly meet as well as
Straehle, Divisionals etc will be decided closer to the season
based on COVID-19 metrics.
What can you do to help make this season
- The capacity limits are going to have a financial impact on the
team. We’re looking for a group of parents who can
spearhead some fundraising efforts to help offset the financial
loss. If you’re interested, please email [email protected]
- Talk to your swimmers about the importance of following the
rules around social distance.
- Prepare younger swimmers to attend practice and possibly meets
(we hope not!!) independently. This may take some practice
for our youngest swimmers.
- Keep wearing your mask, washing your hands and social
distancing this spring as our community spread metrics will drive
our COVID-19 related restrictions this summer.