March 24, 2021
SCAT Covid Protocol and Social Distancing Requirements
Our plan to reintroduce athletes to the water depends on everyone’s (athletes, parents, and staff) cooperation and adherence to safety protocols. We expect everyone in the SCAT family to practice social distancing both at and away from the pool. By doing this, it shows you respect your teammates, their families, and SCAT and Kedron staff. Should we feel anyone is consistently not adhering to social distancing guidelines, they or their family’s participation in SCAT activities may be suspended. Our staff also reserves the right to discontinue practices at any time should they feel safety expectations are not being met.
• Athletes will only be permitted to enter the building 5 minutes before their scheduled practice. If they arrive early, they must wait in their car until the appropriate time to enter the building.
• Athletes must leave Kedron immediately at the completion of any practice.
• Parents/spectators will not be allowed in the building at any time and are expected to practice social distancing when waiting for their swimmer. We understand this may bring Safe Sport concerns. With the bubble being completely off and our fence being transparent, we feel these practices are open and observable to meet Safe Sport standards.
• Please use the front pool gate for entrance. All doors/gates to the facility will be propped open to limit contact with surfaces.
• Please use the exit near the pump room
• Athletes should be prepared to arrive and depart in their suits.
• You must bring your own equipment. No on-deck group equipment will be available, i.e. Kickboards, and pull buoys.
•Restrooms will be available for usage, but not for changing clothes. We ask that all swimmers arrive with suits on and leave with suits on.
• There will be an area for athletes to leave their personal belongings to ensure social distancing on the deck. Once athletes enter the deck, they should go to their grid spot and await instructions from their coach.
• Athletes should bring their own water bottles (already filled). The use of the water fountains at the facility will be prohibited.
• SCAT staff will be wearing PPE masks throughout practices. All SCAT swimmers must wear masks while on deck, in the building and bathrooms. Swimmers do NOT wear masks in the pool.
• SCAT is currently in Phase 3 of our Covid plan and will allow up to 6 swimmers per lane. We still ask for social distancing while on deck. (See CDC Guidelines for in pool recommendations)
· Stay at least 6 feet apart (out of the water) from people you don’t live with.
· Wear cloth masks when not in water.
· Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue (or use the inside of your elbow), throw used tissues in the trash, and wash hands.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not readily available.
See Considerations for Public Pools, Hot Tubs, and Water Playgrounds for more information.
CDC is not aware of any scientific reports of the virus that causes COVID-19 spreading to people through the water in pools, including saltwater pools. Plus, proper operation of public pools (such as at an apartment complex or owned by a community) and disinfection of the water (with chlorine or bromine) should inactivate the virus. Saltwater pools are chlorinated pools.
In traditional pools, chlorine products (such as granules or liquid bleach) are added to the water to disinfect it. In saltwater pools, table salt (made up of sodium and chloride) is added to the water, and an electrical current is then run through the water with dissolved salt. This creates the same disinfecting form of chlorine that is created when chlorine products are added to the water in traditional pools.
POSITIVE TEST PROCEDURE
Should someone test positive in our membership, the following measures will take place:
1.The individual should let the staff know immediately.
2.If the swimming on either side of that athlete were exposed we will ask to self quarantine for 14 days and/or receive a negative COVID-19 Test [we will be assigning lanes for all practices, so we are clear what athletes may be impacted by this].