April 13, 2021
Becoming a swim parent can be difficult to navigate because swimming has so many different aspects to take into consideration other than just signing your child up for lessons or the club team near you. Being a swim parent means supporting your child, registering them for a club team, being their chauffer for early and late practices, signing them up for meets and attending them, along with many other responsibilities. Many swim parents wish they would've had resources, so we are here to help.
Here are some resources and articles to read for new swim parents:
- USA Swimming: Safe Sport for Parents
- SwimSwam: Best Resources for New Swim Parents
- USA Swimming: Swimmers and Parents
- Swimming World Magazine: 2020s Culture - A really useful parent's guide to swim meets
- Swimming World Magazine: USA Swimming produces resource on sports parenting
- SwimSwam: How to be an Awesome Swim Parent
- SwimSwam: 5 Ways Parents Can Help Their Swimmer's Performance
While this is not an exhaustive list, we hope that it can be of help to any and all new Georgia LSC swim parents! For more information regarding information within our LSC, you can subscribe to our weekly newsletter/updates on our home page to see everything that is happening in our swimming state.