April 29, 2021
Hello Super Squad and Super Bronze Families!
First off, I would like to welcome back our returning families for the Spring/Summer Season! I would also like to give a warm welcome to our new families who are just joining the Wahoos for the first time! The coaching staff and I are super excited to begin our season; some things to keep in mind as we get rolling this spring…
1. Make sure to arrive on time to practice prepared. (Suit on, cap, goggles, and proper equipment necessary to succeed).
a. Super Bronze Equipment- Speedo Switchblade Fins, Kickboard
b. Super Squad Equipment- Speedo Switchblade Fins, Kickboard, Speedo Snorkel
Link to Equipment list: 2021 Equipment List.pdf (teamunify.com)
2. **Saturday PRACTICE CHANGES Starting May 8th** - Saturday’s will be a combined Super Bronze/Super Squad Practice in the 50-meter pool from 9:50-10:50. Long Course lanes create more than enough room to remain socially distant.
3. Practice Schedule #2 Beginning May 17th-
a. Change in practice times will occur on May 17th due to extra Long Course swimming opportunities, along with outdoor swimming, and extended practice times.
Link to Schedule beginning May 17th: 5-17-2021 Spring 2 Schedule.pdf (teamunify.com)
4. There will be **NO PRACTICE Tuesday May 11th-May 12th** due to removing of the Bubble in the 50-meter pool.
Meets- (Things to keep in mind)
1. Why meets: Meets are our team competitions that bring everyone together in a team atmosphere. Meets are also great indicators on improvement. Not only do swimmers get familiarized with how times show improvement, but us coaches can see any technical improvements that need to be made on our end.
2. Meet Date to keep in Mind:
a. Ridgefield/Brookfield Home Meet à May 21-23
1st Annual Wahoo Swim-A-Thon!
- Thanks to the hard work of Coach Eric, Coach Jo Ann and our two swim moms (Lori Skidell and Kerri Mims), we are beginning our First annual fundraiser Swim-A-Thon! The Swim-A-Thon will take place from 3:30 to 8:30 on June 21st in the outdoor pool. There will be prizes, food truck, and lots of swimming! The goal of the Swim-A-Thon is to raise enough money for a new Wahoos Scoreboard. The first training group to have a 100% participation wins an ice cream party. To participate in the Swim-A-Thon, click on the link below and Select the Green “Please Help” button, located on the top of the home screen.
If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns. Please, feel free to reach out to Coach Eric or I at any time!