May 4, 2021
Happy 4th week of summer season Stingrays!!
Thank you for a great first 3 weeks of practice. Our new schedule seems to be working well and allows us to spread out swimmers in the pool. As we look forward to the coming swim season, here are some updates to note:
- Wednesday May 12th Mandatory New Parent meeting at 7 pm at the pool. If you are new to TFS, please make every effort to attend.
- Thursday May 27th Mock Swim meet at 5:30 pm at the pool. This is a new date and the website has been updated! More details and instructions will be sent out prior to the mock meet.
- We have placed an order for team Tshirts for each of our swimmers. We will keep you posted on the status of delivery (usually takes a few weeks). Each swimmer will receive a team Tshirt (this is included in their registration fees). Parents should check out our team store on our website to order shirts and other "swag" to support the Stingrays!
- If you are new to TFS, make sure to request to join our private Facebook page.
We are currently recruiting for the following key volunteer positions. These positions require pre-training prior to swim meets starting up. If you are interested in any of these important positions, please email us at [email protected]
- Announcer: call events during the swim meet over the loud speaker
- Stroke & Turn Official: serve as a stroke & turn official (judge) during swim meets (online training is provided by the league)
- Assistant Volunteer Coordinator: looking for someone with organization and planning skills to help the Volunteer Coordinator organize volunteers
- Data Entry Manager: we need someone to head up data entry during meets. New location for data entry will be in the old concessions stand now turned office with windows (and AC) facing the pool.
- Assistant Coach: our coaches are ALL volunteers. We are always looking for assistant coaches to help out Coach Paul and his dedicated coaching team.
One more request - does anyone have the ability or connections to donate a laptop to the team? Our laptop is ancient and we can use a new one. If you would like to donate a laptop to the team, please email us at [email protected]