The New Mexico Swimming Board of Directors has a number of
volunteer roles coming open this Fall. These roles are critical to
the functioning of the BOD and enable us to offer excellent
opportunities for our swimmers and teams across the state.
We are looking for nominees (parents, coaches, former athletes
who reside in NM) for these roles:
Finance Vice-Chair (currently held by Janet
2) Treasurer (currently held by Linda Corliss)
3) Technical Planning Committee Chair (currently shared
by Lee Taylor and Vickie Fellows)
* This position can continue to be shared.
4) Age Group Vice-Chair (in charge of AG Zones Team among
* Lee Taylor has been nominated, but additional interest is
If you are interested in these positions, please reach out to
Murray Kelley (General Chair) or to Jeanette Skow (interim Chair of
the Governance Committee as it gets organized). Seeking
nominations and preparing a "depth chart" for the LSC is a key role
of the Governance Committee.
Beyond this, we also have an increased need for Athlete Reps
on the Board (and House).
* At Summer Champs this year we will need to elect one Athlete
Rep and likely two (or more) Athlete-at-Large Reps.
* This is important because all BOD and most committee
business requires at least 20% athlete representation.
* If you have any 15&O athletes that would like such a
role, or would be great for such a role please reach out to our
current Athlete reps Camden Fouser and Sarah Gormley (and include
our Sr. Vice-Chair, Jeremiah Stanton). They can help any athlete
understand the role and prepare for the nomination and election
processes which might be new to them.
Written By: Murray Kelley, NMS